cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Purchase Requisition from ECC to other party through XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I suppose to make one integration scenario in SAP PI 7.0. The scenario is that after releasing the PR, the data of PR will be send automatically to other party through a web service. I am relatively new to PI. I have few questions regarding this. Kindly help in this regards.

1) What would be the ideal scenario for this integration. I mean IDOC to SOAP, RFC to SOAP etc?

2) When the PR is released in ECC, how will i push it to SAP XI/PI? Will i use IDOC or what to push it to XI/PI?

3) How will i know that PR has arrived in XI/PI?

4) what configuration do we require in PI for this integration?

Kindly give your value able advise for this integration.

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1) What would be the ideal scenario for this integration. I mean IDOC to SOAP, RFC to SOAP etc?

IDOC to SOAP - as it's a standard one

>>>2) When the PR is released in ECC, how will i push it to SAP XI/PI? Will i use IDOC or what to push it to XI/PI?

yes - you can configure message output from PR and it will create an IDOC automatilly

>>>>3) How will i know that PR has arrived in XI/PI?

you can monitor IDOC in WE02 on the ECC or XI monitor

>>>4) what configuration do we require in PI for this integration?

simplest one - IDOC to WS call (one to one) with a mapping program,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

Thanks for your reply. So the scenario will be IDOC to SOAP. So in this case SOAP will be receiver channel?

Also, as soon as PR released, will it automatically go to XI/PI? Because in this case it is automatic. The other side will not ping. It suppose to go to automatically to other side as soon as PR is released from ECC. For automatic purpose, do i need to enhance anything in PR tcode?

Kindly answer.

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>So the scenario will be IDOC to SOAP. So in this case SOAP will be receiver channel?

yes

>>>Also, as soon as PR released, will it automatically go to XI/PI? Because in this case it is automatic.

you can choose in partner profile of IDOCs (automatic or scheduled)

>>>For automatic purpose, do i need to enhance anything in PR tcode?

no, only in IDOC - WE20

my book explains the process in lots of details for other documents (like PO, etc.)

but the idea is exacly the same for PR

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Mastering-IDoc-Business-Scenarios-with-SAP-NetWeaver-PI.html

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

Thanks for your reply. OK here are the steps that i will follow. Please add or change if i am missing something or wrong.

1) i will import WSDL file of other company as an external definition.

2) SOAP will be reciever channel, where i will put URL of WSDL of other party.

2) I will make an IDOC for PR. Here i want to ask one thing Michal. Will i be using standard IDOC for PR or i have to make one?

3) After making IDOC, i will import it in PI (IDOC will automatically come to PI as soon as PR is released....as u said i can make it automatic in we20) Here i want to ask ont hing Michal.....IN PR we have selected one field in which we will put 'G', G means global PR, only PR which have G will go to PI. What is the best way of doing this? Can i restrict that only PR with G will go to PI through IDOC?

4) I will map fields, will make inbound interface and other setting in Integration repository.

5) I am working on PI 7.0. So in my scenario, Business system will be ECC in which IDOC interface will be sender?right? And Soap channel will be receiver in Business service?

If i am missing any step or wring in some where, please guide.

Thanks very much

Regards

Imran

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>2) I will make an IDOC for PR. Here i want to ask one thing Michal. Will i be using standard IDOC for PR or i have to make one?

a standard one - orders05

>>>>What is the best way of doing this? Can i restrict that only PR with G will go to PI through IDOC?

you can create a condition record in ECC so only those with this field will be sent to PI

or you can send everything to PI but in PI routing make sure that only those with correct status are sent to Web service,

>>>>So in my scenario, Business system will be ECC in which IDOC interface will be sender?right?

yes

>>>And Soap channel will be receiver in Business service?

yes

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

Thanks very much for your reply. So i need to use standard IDOC for PR which is orders05.

You said that "you can create a condition record in ECC so only those with this field will be sent to PI". How can i do this? Willl i need any enhancement in PR transaction or do i need to do something in IDOC for this?

And in message interface, it will be outbound and asynchronous?

Michal, i shall be very appreciative if you can send any links of tutorial of IDOC to SOAP scenarios.

Thanks very much

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

I have been waiting for your reply. I need to ask few questions. I will be very appreciative if you kindly reply.

1) In the above discussed scenario, which is IDOC to SOAP to send PR data to other party, the message interface will be outbound?

Michal, when the PR will go to other party, they will approved or reject it. So, whatever they do, they will send us back the PR data with status of rejection or approval. So when they send back the data, i need to update the tables in ECC. Regarding this Michal, i want to ask few questions.

1) What would be the ideal scenario to make this integration? What do you think? Once they Approve or reject the PR, the data suppose to come to us and need to be updated in tables. what scenario would be the best? In this case, who will be the consumer??

2) if we want to make it automatic we will need to write WSDL for this scenario? but if we want to ping it from our side and than receive data, in that case they will write WSDL?

3) Michal, how would you do this integration? i mean what do you think the best way of doing this?

Dear Michal, i am new to PI, will be very thankful if you help me bit.

Thanks a lot

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1) In the above discussed scenario, which is IDOC to SOAP to send PR data to other party, the message interface will be outbound?

as I said - orders05 - normal IDOC to SOAP flow in terms of messages,

>>>> Once they Approve or reject the PR, the data suppose to come to us and need to be updated in tables. what scenario would be the best?

you can determine the output from any condition (approved for example) in ECC in condition tables,

this is the place were you do this,

>>>if we want to make it automatic we will need to write WSDL for this scenario?

no, you will get the WSDL from the system which receives the data via SOAP, you will not be creating it

>>>>Dear Michal, i am new to PI, will be very thankful if you help me bit.

there's very little to do here in PI actually, most of the things (setting up IDOC exchange, creating correct condition records, etc,) will be done in ECC

in PI it's a simplest flow - one to one - IDOC to SOAP - there's plenty of such cases described in blogs on SDN so I'm sure you can do this

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal.

Thanks very much for your reply. Michal, apart from IDOC, can we do the same process through BAPI? I wrote one bapi which give PR data on the base of Release Date. Could it be possible that i can use this BAPI for this integration purpose? the one we discussed above? I mean is there any way that i can put some scheduler on this BAPI and 2-3 times in a day, the scheduler automatically run the bapi and data send to pther party? i mean is there any way i could do this with BAPI??

Michal, i did not get your one answer in your last reply. Let me explain it again. in the above scenario, PR data will be sent to other party. OK. Now the other party will send back the PR data with approval or rejection flag. Right? this is another scenario. how i suppose to do this scenario:? i think for this scenario i have to write WSDL?Isnt it? i am not sure. what you recommend?how can i do the second scenario?

waiting for your reply

Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

i am following the instructions of your written book on IDOC's. I am having one problem. Accorf=ding to your instructions, when i go to ME22N and go to purchase order output message and enter the details of output, medium, function, vendor, the status does not turn to green color. Below is the image. can you please tell me what could be the reason.?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Michal

The PRs do not generate a message output. How did you?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Maitee 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi imran,

As Michal said, it is a common scenario in PI.

pre requisites for this scenario are ALE/IDOC configuration and WSDL file if the web service provider provides.

import them in ESR and do the mapping as per your requirement.

can you send me your email id,so that i can send you the step by step guide.

With regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhargava,

Thanks for your reply. Moderator don't allow to give email address. Bhargava, you probably have read my this thread. You probably have red my thread.

I need to consume web service. The other party will send us WSDL. What i need to do is to send PR data to other party, which will be either automatic or scheduled. Michal said to do it through Idoc to Soap. Bhargava, other than IDOC, is there any other way to doing this scenario? Other than IDOC, can we use RFC or Proxy to send PR data to other party?  Could it be possible that i make scenario which is RFC to SOAP. SOAP will be receiver channel and RFC will be sender. What i am thinking is the i callPR bapi in a abap program and put scheduler int that ABAP program. when scheduler run, the data of all PR of that day send to other party?What do you say about it?

And how this scenario could be done through ABAP proxy?

thanks and let me know.

Regards

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

other than IDOC, is there any other way to doing this scenario? Other than IDOC, can we use RFC or Proxy to send PR data to other party?

if you are fetching the data from SAP systems, we have 3 options we can use either IDOC/RFC/Proxies. its all depend upon the requirement.

You can do either IDOC to SOAP or RFC to SOAP  or PROXY to SOAP

in these 3 options i will go for Proxy to SOAP, performance wise it is better than the other two options.

2) Could it be possible that i make scenario which is RFC to SOAP?

Yes you can do..

3) SOAP will be receiver channel and RFC will be sender. What i am thinking is the i callPR bapi in a abap program and put scheduler int that ABAP program. when scheduler run, the data of all PR of that day send to other party?What do you say about it?

you are right.. you can do it..

And how this scenario could be done through ABAP proxy?

Take the help of ABAP guys, if you are not aware. they will help you..

after defining Proxy you have to do proxy configuration

In ECC

SM 59 create 3 destinations:

SAPSLDAPI (for SLD Connection) type T connection

SAP_Proxy_ESR (for ESR object details in SPROXY) of type G

AAE_RP1 (where RP1 is the SYS ID) type G

SLDAPICUST ( to maintain SLD access data)

SLDCHECK for sld connection check

SXMB_ADM (To configure Sender/Receiver ID) go to change mode and make new entries.

Enter interface name and namespace of the interface which you have defined in ESR save the sender ID.

SXMB_ADM -> IE config-> Specific Config-> Change mode -> new entries

Category : Runtime  parameters: "IS_URL"

IN PI

ESR

create DT/MT/SI/MM/OM

ID:

create : Configuration scenario-> integrated config -> sender and receiver communication channels.

for proxy select XI adapter and do the configuration accordingly.. remaining same as we do in other scenarios.

Testing:

se38 in ECC

RWB: CC monitoring and message monitoring in PI.

Hope it will helpful..

Regards

Bhargava krishna