cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet Enterprise - For sharing documents between content server and SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking feasibility of providing an option to display documents eg .doc files from SAP content server on SP.

And also provide an option to edit these documents from sharepoint.

I have doubts with Duet Enterprise being the right approach for this.

Can you please share your experiences?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

linda_peruzzi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

There is some limited out of the box functionality in Starter Services scenario as per the document Martin has shared but it is more a sample to show how you could get documents to from SAP into SharePoint 2010.  This sample would not include any versioning or editing of an SAP document and resaving to SAP.  It only demonstrates accessing a document from SAP related to products or customers and uploading a document from SharePoint and saving it back to SAP.

Ultimately, what you are requesting would be custom development that can be done using the Duet Enterprise development platform.  You could see some of the samples that the Starter services is using but ultimately you would need to build the scenario on the SAP side as well as the SharePoint side.

Hope this helps.

...Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin And Linda,

I was actually exploring towards the possibility of accessing documents from content server via a Http URL. There by using Duet just as a career of URL from SAP to SP.

I came to know that a document stored on SAP content server can be accessed by an Http URL and the same can be edited/read/deleted via changing the parameters in URL.

http://www.sap.com/turkey/partners/icc/scenarios/pdf/HTTPAPI_E.pdf

This maynot be the best way to do it, but my question is would it be feasible?

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

at least from SAP DMS I know that the simple access via the CS URL would not be sufficient, as various versions of the same document could be saved in the CS. Which CS-GUID points to the released version? Authorizations or metadata / classification are also handled outside of the CS. So at least with scenarios where you have additional logic in the Business Suite I would strongly reconmend to use the ABAP-based access logic via their APIs / BAPIs.

Even worse if you change / delete the files on CS directly - as then the ABAP-based business logic would point to wrong / not existing content...

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response. Its helpful to know to know from SAP DMS perspective.

As i understand you suggest to use ABAP logic via BAPIs to access /modify files instead of using the HTTP links.

Does this approach have some constraints?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this document is already of any help: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5640

Martin