cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMP error during approving request

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made few changes (adding a new stage) in the MSMP configuration and generated a new version.  The new WF is working fine, but already pending requests are providing an error when open in the work inbox for approval.

"Stage configuration not defined for path stage 'CL_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_WF' version '000017'.

Please anyone can suggest me, how I can resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For the existing WF (which would have been triggered against version 16) did you have Task Setting "Runtime Cnfg Chng Ok" selected?

If so, according to SAP "If there are stage setting configuration changes after the workflow has been initiated, setting this action allows the workflow to use the new workflow settings"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen for the reply.  I checked with both the settings of switching the check box on /off and generating the version, however the same error still occurs for the Delete account request. Other request types are working correctly. 

Is there anything else I can check or can take any action.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

Does that mean you did have that box selected? If so the WF is moving down new config path. You might need to review what your conditions are for determine paths, etc

If some are working and others are not, are you you using a BRFplus decision table or similar and have not catered for all events?

If you say all is working and it's just this group I would recommend you check your config. However, if you can create a new delete request and it processes successfully then maybe cancel the one not working and reprocess it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen, There were 3 requests which was giving that error.  I cancelled them to solve the issue. The new WF is working with the modifications.

But I am worried as whenever I will do any stage changes, it will affect the current active requests and will result in MSMP errors.

What is the correct way if you are adding any stage or delete any stage, as the pending requests are going to be affected. Though I will check the "Runtime Cnfg Chng Ok" everytime I make any changes.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Sameer

If you do check the Runtime Cnfg Chang Ok then the in progress WF will follow the new changes. By not checking this box, the items should continue down the current version path.

To prevent it happening again, I think you need to look at what change you made and review which items failed. Then you will need to see if there was a gap in your config logic.

Was version 17 your new one or your previous version (the one with active WF assigned)?

adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Firefighter Workflow is a single stage workflow - I am also facing the same issues. I am getting the workflow emails and notofication email - BUT when we goto inbox and click on the mail, we get below error: Stage configuration not defined for path stage type 'CL_GRAC_SPM_AUDIT_REVIEW' version '000001'

I check the stage and all is fine:

Seq: 001

Stage Config ID: GRAC DEFAULT STAGE

Agent ID: GRAC_SPM_CNTRL_AGENT

Anyone approval

Routing enabled - NO

The task settings:

Stage Config id: GRAC_Default_STAGE

Agent ID: GRAC_SPM_CNTRL_AGENT

Confirm Approval and Confirm Rejection are CHecked.

Routing Confing Check OK - NOT checked.

Can someone please help??

Regards

Ashish

<removed by moderator>

Message was edited by: Gali Kling Schneider