cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to merge file without bpm ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

My requirement is to merge header and detail file and try to do this without using bpm. My idea is that i will use file adapter and use additional file option to pick up both files in one time. but, i do not know further step for achieving my requirement likes how to set service interface, message mapping, operation mapping.

Could all experts help me to answer whether I can achieve my requirement without bpm. and if this way is possible, please guide me for further steps to achieve this. Thanks you all

Best Regards

Oat panupong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oat panupong,

I feel you should go with BPM in this case unless you are sure that files will arrive together.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try with the append option at the Processing Parameters.

Regards,

Sekhar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>My idea is that i will use file adapter and use additional file option to pick up both files in one time. but, i do not know further step for achieving my requirement likes how to set service interface, message mapping, operation mapping.

if you go this way you will need to get the attachment in the java mapping and merge it yourself with the content of the main message (also available in the same java mapping)

this is a good approach if all files are available at the same time and you can pick them in one call somehow,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

To make myself clear, what i have to do create interface for pay load (header file) and attachment (detail file). Also, in operation mapping, I have to choose these both interfaces in source interface and select java mapping which merge both source message into one target message. Importantly, i have to choose read attachment option right? could you please clarify me about important steps for achieving this

Thanks Michal

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I am eager to see this how to achieve this. 

As Michel said Java Mapping, then and Mean while you may search in this Article for help on this mapping:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PI+7.0+and+7.1+Mapping+-+Blogs,+Articles,+Wiki,+Code+Samples...

In this search for Java Mapping blogs.

Regards,

Sreeni.