cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUUC: DB Export on clustered server fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing a CUUC - Combined Ugrade & Unicode Conversion. On a single server - DEV - this works fine. Now I'm doing it on a cluster and it is failing. SAPINST is not recognizing the database server name.

I am at the at the stage where I use SAPINST to do the database copy of the source system.

Error message is: "SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

Problem is that SQL is on a virtual name "serverdb" and sap is on a virtual name "serversap". SAPINST cannot authenticate against the server "serversap". If I change SAPINST to use the server "serverdb" then SAPINST does not run the db export steps.

I'm using SAPINST 701.06.3 - sql 2005 - win 2003 - going to ECC 6.0

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered the same problem during db export in mscs environment.

I run sapinst (ver701) from dbserver node. sapinst did not execute db export steps.

There is no error message.

Do you have solution for this issue. Please share with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If you logon to the server "serversap" - this is the MSCS system that is the active node - logon as <SID>adm and then try opening sqlcmd.

The syntax will be something like sqlcmd -S serverdb -E

-E is for trusted logon - this is what SAPInst will try to do.

You may find you need to update the SQL client or adjust the permission on the database.

sqlcmd should give you some useful error message or output.

Thanks

N.P.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I tried that and it sqlcmd .... works successfully. I did not have to adjust anything. However, my sapinst continues to fail. It's as if sapinst cannot handle being run from serversap and connect to serverdb.

Message was edited by:

Lyell van de Laar