Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MICs by QS61, QP01 and CA01/CA02

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am confuse between QS61, QP01 and MICs assigning in routing by CA01/CA02.

I assume there are three way to assign MICs into a material but i am confuse. If i have assign MIC by above t-codes then those MICs shows in QA32 during RR. I guess for the ROH material we goes with QS61 and QP01 because there is no routing. But for the FG and SFG we use all above t-codes.

Please elaborate -

Regards,

RP Jaiswal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you defined the inspection as Inspection with Task List in the Material master for the inspection type, then you will create in QP01 / CA01 / CA02.

If you made as Material Specification, then you will go with QS61.

And based on the Inspection Process, t codes will get changed & task list type will get changed.

For In-Process Inspection, you will use CA01 / CA02 to assign the MIC to operations.

For other Inspections, you will create in QP01.

It depends on multiple parameters.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rampreet, others have already explained it, I try bit!

1. A material can be inspected mostly by 2 methods. One is by inspection plan (QP01) and other is by material specification (QS61)
  2. For both of these you need to assign the MICs in QP01 and QS61 respectively, which you create through QS21.

Consider this example, You have material XYZ that you produce in 2 plants. Plant A and Plant B.

In plant A you want to inspect following parameters

1. LENGTH
  2. WIDTH
  3. HEIGHT

But in plant B, you want to inspect following ,

1. LENGTH
  2. DIAGONAL
  3. THICKNESS

In above both cases the inspection parameters LENGTH, etc are called as MIC. For above cases you need to create 2 inspection plans one for plant A and another for plant B. As the inspection parameters vary plant to plant for the same material you should opt for inspection with inspection plan. Here material specification is NOT useful.

On the contrary, if you have same set of inspection parameters for both the plants then use of material specification (QS61) instead of inspection plan (QP01) is advisable. You can use the same MIC codes in both. So no need to create separate MIC codes for QP01 and QS61.

Inspection by inserting MICs in routing is a type of inspection with task list. Here routing is nothing but inspection plan. But this is applicable only for in-process inspection with 03 inspection type.

The parameters and its tolerances may vary material to material as per its design.

Regards, Anand

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you got clarity from the replies, you can mark the thread as closed.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

QS61 is for material spectification,This is used when some specifications are provided by customer/vendor on plant level.

QP01 is used for inspection plan (using Task list), you have create the inspection plane by using task list type Q.

In both the cases u can assign MICs , but which option is based on clint requirment.

But the options you can't select(in MM,inspection type control indicators)

But for inprocess inspection u have to assign MIC's in Routing(CA01) operation level only. 

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the in-process scenario, concept is clear that we have to assign MIC in routing.

But in case of inspection plan(QP01) and material specification(QS61) - Can you explain with example, I mean which type of specification we required from vendor/customer.

Or please share a suitable link.

Regards,

RP Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rampreet,

For some materials, thee could be some MIC that are not plant dependent but are material dependent.  Such MIC's are defined as material specs.

There could be some MIC's that you need only if material is produced in one particular plant. in such cases you define an inspection plan in plant and assign MIC's in that plant to it

However please note that in results recording screen of inspection lot. Both MIC's from material spec and inspection plan are downloaded.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the client has same type of checking for all the material across the plant then we can go by material specifaction.

If they have different parameters to check then we have to go by task list only.

please go through the link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/350f8a448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm