cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Modeling: different backend systems have different values for text fields?

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

During data modeling phase, we have a requirement.  The end user maintains the master data centrally in MDM system and then distributes to different backend systems.

There are some text typed fields like name or description, and the customer wants to make the different backend system to retain different value for those fields for a golden record. So how do we model that requirement?

Can we use tuple for these kinds of field?  In the tuple, there are two fields: remote system, remote value for the description fields.  Does this solution work? Or do we hava other solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tuple should be good

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wu Jun,

Thanks for your reply.

If we use tuple, it may be a little complicated for the web service import and syndication. But it really a feasible solution. Thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's version of your mdm?

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wu Jun,

The version of our MDM is 7.1 sp08 (more specific: 7.1.08.196), no more sub-patch, but we are planning to upgrade to MDM 7.1 sp10 the next month.

Do you know are there any bugs while integrating MDM 7.1 SP08 to CE 7.2 SP08?

Thanks.

BTW: our MDM consultant is saving the world ( according to his words), so I have to solve these problems by myself. Thanks.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i worked on mdm7.1sp8 and ce7.2sp6, seems no issue.

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK.

What's your SP08 sub-patch?

I checked the following note, and it mentioned to upgrade toPatch 19 to solve the  destination problem.

Note 1691115 - connection_3005-Cannot connect with MDM using destination

Now I use the workaround (not to give destination name, but to give server and repository name) to bypass the destination problem. Not sure the root cause. I test the connection of destnation in MDM destination administration tool, it's also ok, but just didn't work in wsnavigator or calling from WD4J.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, we have the problem, i think that note is for the ticket we raised to sap:)

in bpm for all the ws call, we use server detail information, not the destination.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear xinjiang li,

One more options you can try out is define expression and value mappings for Syndication maps in the right side of the syndicator manager free search.

regards

shankar

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This issue can been solved by using tuple.

Regarding the second question I asked - MDM destination, it has been solved by redeploying higher version connector,ws,ws rt sca components. Now we can use destination name while calling mdm web service from bpm/ce.

Thanks you all.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the ws has response, can you check if you can access the response in BPM(mapping it to the context object).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xin,

Please let me know if my understanding is correct - Requirement is to syndicate available value in MDM to different systems. At the same time value must be different when they reach destination system.

For ex: Record XXX has two fields - Field "A" has value 123 and field "B" has value 456 in MDM and when this record XXX is syndicated to destination system field A should be updated as 000 and field B should be updated as 111. This is just an example- Please correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Ali

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct. For more explanation: when that record XXX is syndicated to another destination system, field A may be 777 and field  should be 888. So we need to store these values in MDM. Seems we can only use tuple for these fields. Does lookup qualified table work?

If we use tuple, it may be a little complicated for the web service import and syndication.