Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Information related to EDI-XML conversion SAP PI

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need some clarification related EDI to XML conversion.

We are doing the scenario EDI to Idoc in SAP PI. In which we are using the Module SeeClassifier,Bic and splliter modules in Sender CC.

So I need detail information about this modules,I know the purpose of these modules and what are the use of them.But dont know how to use it and what are the significance of the keys that we assign to these modules.e.g. attlD,classifierMappingID,destSourceMsg,showAuditLog and for bic classifierAttlD etc.Can somebody explain all the parameter(keys) and the significance of them related to these modules.

Also why we need to upload the .sda file from the seeburger mapping tool in the SAP PI using the tcode SE09.when this file is used in the scenario.

Why we need to maintain the sender Number , mapping name , channel name and from party, from Service in seeburger workbench Link http://hfhfhfhhffhhfhf:50000/seeburger/index.html.  what the the significance of it , Because as per the blogs that I referred bic maaping is called before splliter 997 i.e. Once the EDI is coverted to XML then only splitter 997 as per the sequence that we maintain in sender CC  moduel processing,then why we maitain the see buger mapping in the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Anant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

here some answers in addition to Kanchams response.

Why we need to maintain the sender Number , mapping name , channel name and from party, from Service in seeburger workbench Link http://hfhfhfhhffhhfhf:50000/seeburger/index.html.  what the the significance of it , Because as per the blogs that I referred bic maaping is called before splliter 997 i.e. Once the EDI is coverted to XML then only splitter 997 as per the sequence that we maintain in sender CC  moduel processing,then why we maitain the see buger mapping in the same.

=> The significance is, that you could receive files from multiple different partners and multiple different message-types via just one channel (e.g. if you retrieve this data from a VAN or if you do some bulk-testing with archived data from a legacy system).

Inside PI you would want to process the mwith different rules/mappings or process them under different parties (to have a good monitoring and see whic hfile belonged to which partner).

Therefor the entries in the "MessageSplitter-Frontend" allow you to assign different messages to the appropriate SenderAgreement/Party even if they originally had been received by just one channel.

Feel free also to lock at this blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/01/13/quick-setup

So I need detail information about this modules,I know the purpose of these modules and what are the use of them.But dont know how to use it and what are the significance of the keys that we assign to these modules.e.g. attlD,classifierMappingID,destSourceMsg,showAuditLog and for bic classifierAttlD etc.Can somebody explain all the parameter(keys) and the significance of them related to these modules.

This information is completely provided in the Adapter-Documentation like in the following format:

(i have copied the example for the BIC module)

Do you have the Adapter-Documentation available ?

Kind Regards

Stefan

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan and Kancham,

First of all thanks for your help.

@ Stefan :

Thanks for the information on the significance that i aksed you.

But could you please tell me when this is used.i.e when this maintain information is used  in flow of the messages.

Also I dont have the documents related to this modules so could you please help me on that

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos