cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension code appears blank in Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm working with BO 3.1. I'm working with a BEx Query that contains SD information, from which I generated a universe and then a simple webi table where I need to show a dimension (0SALESEMPLY) and its code. However, the code always shows blank cells and it does not display its value.

I checked the information in Analyzer and the codes are displayed correctly.

So I figured out the issue must come from BO. Then I use Live Office Universe Query and the codes are not displayed from the Universe. I verified the universe properties (including access levels of the code of 0SALESEMPLY) and everything seems fine, the properties are consistent with the ones of the rest of characteristics which displays correctly their respective codes.

In BW, the infoobject 0SALESEMPLY has a different infoobject reference:

So now I came up with a workaround: I created a BEx query with the infoobject 0SALESEMPLY as infoprovider, generated an universe, included this universe in a separate query in the same webi and finally merged dimensions, and now I get the code:

However, this is something I should not be doing, it's a redundant solution and decrease significantly the performance.

The weirdest thing for me is that other dimensions show their respective codes with no problem. Also, verifying other BEx from other sources where the characteristic appears (for instance, BEx from FIAR where appears 0SALESEMPLY), the codes are not displayed.

Hope you can help me this time.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have access to SAP xSearch, then please search with this keywork, you will find a note:

Key Blank SP05, if you dont wfind , then let me know I will do it.

Thanks,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash!

I have access to SAP xSearch, however I have not found the note (I have tried with many different key words), could you help me once again?

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you on BO7.1SP05, and is this COde a key in BO ?

Then this is a known issue,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash:

Exactly, I'm in BO 3.1 SP05 ... The code is a key in BW, so it should also be a key in BO.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this is a known issue, have you ever faced this? How have you solved this? Where can I find more information about this?