cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Web dispatcher for EDI interfaces(SEEBURGER)in SAP PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We are planning to install Seeburger for EDI interfaces . Also for load balancing and to manage the traffic we are planning to use WEB Dispatcher for all the interfaces including the EDI interfaces.

So my doubts are:-

Do we require WEB DISPATCHER for SEEBURGER (AS2 adapters etc)for load balancing and to manage the connections ?

If we do install WEB DISPATCHER and try to use it with SEEBURGER , will it cause any problem or are there any repercussions that we need to be aware of  while using the same?

Please advice whether we can use WEB DISPATCHER to interface SEEBURGER or not.

Regards

Sunanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sunanth,

Do we require WEB DISPATCHER for SEEBURGER (AS2 adapters etc)for load balancing and to manage the connections ?

- No, there is no technical requirement to have a Web Dispatcher for Seeburger.

If we do install WEB DISPATCHER and try to use it with SEEBURGER , will it cause any problem or are there any repercussions that we need to be aware of  while using the same?

- No, if the Web Dispatcher is installed and configured correctly there will not be any repercussions.

There is no real difference between how the Seeburger adapters and the PI adapters are handled. Usually a Web Dispatcher will be used with a PI High Availability set up. If your PI system is set up and configured correctly then there will be no issues.

Regards

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark & Stefan.

Regards

Sunanth

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunanth,

I agree with Mark, Basically the Seeburger Adapters are handled like the SAP Adapters and do not really care if there is a Web Dispatcher used.

I have worked with several clients that were using the Web Dispatcher and I never had to do any specific configuration for this.

If PI is configured correct...there will be no issue....let me know if you have additional questions regarding the Seeburger Adapters.

Kind Regards

Stefan