cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST and Email Notification not working for New Work Item in BRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have recently configured the role approval workflow for BRM and noticed something was off in our notification of New Work Items. When I submit a BRM related request, a new request will appear in the "search request" area of NWBC but does not appear in SOST. A notification will appear in SOST and via email after the request is approved. I've tried looking at the stage and global notification settings but they appear to be correct. I also followed the recommendations in this similar thread. http://scn.sap.com/thread/2039659

We have other workflows (e.g. mitigation control approval) that work properly. Its just the role approval workflow that is not properly notifying of "new work item" requests.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Stacey

I did a basic config for both cases

1. Global Notification Settings - Notification Event REQUEST_SUBMISSION
  2. Stage Notification Settings - NEW_WORK_ITEM

For both I kept it simple with SAP standard notification template: GRAC_ROLEAPPR_NEW_WORK_ITEM

Both notification emails appeared in SOST (I'm on SP12). As you mention that the other scenarios work well, I doubt it's BASIS stack for SCOT/SOST. of issue with WF-BATCH user. Are you able to check:

• All agents to receive the email have a valid user master for email
  • Check SE61 for the template to ensure it exists

If you want to check the error, you can look at the MSMP Process Instance Monitor Logs for messages. It will show you if there is an error in generating the email to go to SOST

1. Transaction GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD - MSMP Instance Runtime Monitor
  2. Locate the MSMP Instance Id for the role to be approved
  3. Select Logs
  4. Select Message Log
  5. Choose Refresh to obtain the logs

I've included an example of an error for Agent not having email (as a result the email did not appear in SOST)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Colleen

Ugh that log is great. Turns out I didn't include an email address in the role_owner user ID. Duh!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

yep.. this monitoring tool has become a very good GRC friend of mine. It is quite useful tracking the MSMP paths, etc.

Answers (0)