Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling - transit time & specific transit time

henrik_suess
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello!

We're using route schedules for shipping scheduling and have the following problem:

We have a route with a transit time of 5 days and a dependend route schedule with 1 day specific transit time. According the afore mentioned note 547961 the 5 days should not matter in scheduling. But when entering a sales order position using this route schedule, goods issue date is being forwarded (at least) 5 days to the future and then the 1 day specific transit time is being added.

Note 547961 states that when using route schedules with specific transit time, route transit time will not be used ("If you use a route schedule, the transit duration of the route schedule is used instead of the transit duration of the route. For detailed information on this, see Note 146829."). Note 146829 tells us to define a route transit time of at least the maximum specific transit time ("Since the transit time and the specific transit time depend on each other in terms of business management, you should enter a transit time that is the same as or greater than the specific transit time for the last point.").

With this system behaviour it is not possible to correctly determine delivery dates for route schedules scheduled within the next days, because route transit time always forwards it to the "far" future.

Is there anything we can do to prevent this kind of behaviour?

I hope you guys have a solution for us! Thank you in advance!

Henrik Suess

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Very Nice Explanation about your Query . But I need some info on this clarify your Issue .

Note 547961 states that when using route schedules with specific transit time, route transit time will not be used

1. Where we can see Specific Transit Time in SD Module .I have seen Transit Time but didnt see Specific Transit Time Field .

2. why dont you use Specific Transit Time in Transit Time as 6 days directly ? Do you have any issues like this way ?

Note : I didnt see that Note .I will check .

Thanks,

Naren

henrik_suess
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

thanks for your reply.

1. Specific transit time can be maintained within a route schedule (itinerary).

2. That would work if we had only 1 route schedule per route. But we have more than 1 route schedule per route, and each route schedule can have a different specific transit time. Therefore maintaining the mentioned 6 days as route transit time, would not work for the other route schedules.

Thank you!

Henrik

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for explanation but Have you simulated this in your System  this ?

I have tried simulate this in my system but unable to maintain this in Sales Order ( If you click on Item level then go to Schedule Lines Tab and again  click on Line Item and click on Shipping Icon below here Route Schedule is in display Mode even in Creation Mode .

Thanks,

Naren