cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM UI portal settings to load the data from PSA to Direct DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SPM portal, SPM BI content and Direct data sources are in place. I have maintained the OPM_SOURCES table entries for Data sources in BW system. Now I have to maintain Global Settings (SPM portal -> Data Management), please suggest me what are things I need to maintain here.

We are using direct datasource concept, not using flat files and classification also.

Appreciate your comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You may have to maintain the below settings under global settings.

In General tab :  Import folder; Export Folder; Application Server (BW application server name) and Global Currency

in the Systems tab: Master data system should be your source system from where you are bringing the data. For ex it is ECC then it is the name of ECC system.

In File Defaults: you need to maintain all the details

After maintaining all these you have create Upload ID as well to load the data from source system.

from user perspective: You need Data management role assigned to the user to load the data.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Thanks for your reply.

Coming to your point "create Upload ID as well to load the data from source system" - I don't understand this one. What does this upload ID ... Can you please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

It is Data Upload ID or Cycle id which has to be created in the tab page "Manage Upload" which should be active to use the data load facility.

Thank you

Best regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Thanks for your reply. Still I am not sure about this point.

Do I need to create Upload ID for each data source or each Source system or each process chain ???

Please confirm... Appreciate your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You can create multiple Upload Ids but only one can be active .

1.Choose   (Start)  Administration  Data Management  Monitor Uploads  Manage Uploads .

Please ref to the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_spm30/helpdata/en/27/d95621ad7b446fa96e79dc67edcd0a/content.htm

Regards,

Vijay.