cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALV_WD_TABLE Settings-View for different user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

This is the situation: We use SALV_WD_TABLE in a WebDynpro4ABAP, which is deployed in our SAP Netweaver Portal. We are using a usermapping via a portalgroup so only one SAP user is needed for our SAP ERP backend where the WD4A is executed. Let's call this user "wdportaluser".

The problem is, that under the ALV Settings, you can define your own views, name them and save them. The problem is, that here, they are saved for "wdportaluser" and every user on the portal can see every view that another user has saved. In fact through this mapping user, all views are global.

Is there a chance to tell the SALV_WD_TABLE to save its settings for another user? The LDAP username is transported to my WD4A via appclication parameters from the portal iView. I would like to save this LDAP username for the ALV settings, but I found no way to do it.

Best Regards

Torsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the Problem still exists. Is no one out there using the SALV_WD_TABLE component in a WebDynpro for the the SAP Netweaver Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the functions of the ALV output that is available to users is the saving of views. Users can save information about column structure, sort criteria, filter conditions, various display options, and so on, in an unlimited number of views. This means users can always display the ALV output with their preferred properties. However, these views are only available to the user who created them. Other users cannot see these views.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

thanks for the reply. Yes, I know the views. My Problem is, that there is only one SAP user, who is excecuting the WebDynpro application in the backend. So all views are save under this user. But in the SAP Portal the WebDynpro application is bound to an iView. And this iView is called by many different portal users (from our LDAP).

Normally, the Portal maps a portal user to a SAP backend user via alias (e.g. "tnordmann" (LDAP) -> "tnordmann" (SAP)). Therefore for every user a backend user would be neccessary. This is not really practical, so we use a single communication user in the WebDynpro Service. This works fine, if only I could tell the ALV how to store its settings.

Best Regards

Torsten

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to set SY-UNAME as different while initiating the WD component, so that ALV views will not be able to populate whatever created in backend. But, you will get tracking on the same user which you set(new).

you can set this new value on DEFAULT plug of window, or WDDOINIT of component controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but that doesn't work. The variable SY-UNAME is reset somewhere in the WebDynpro cycle.

Manipulating SY variables is never a good idea, anyway.