cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 WorkFlow Paths

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running GRC 10. We have a few paths.

1. DEV_PATH

2. PROD_PATH

My questions is how do you map a DEV system to a DEV_path and how do you map a PROD system to a PROD Path. We already have everything configured and it is working. However I never really worked on the paths as a consultant set them up. Where would I set this up. Say I add a QA_PATH where would I go to map that to a QA system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua

You need to look at creating a BRFplus Initiator rule to evaluate the request and send either the entire request or each line item down a path depending on your input.

Your BRFplus decision table would output RULE_RESULT and LINE_ITEM_KEY. The RULE_RESULT would contain the DEV_PATH or PROD_PATH.

Within the MSMP you would then create the Initiator rule and maintain the routes to create a path for each phase.

You can use transaction GRFNMW_DEV_RULES to create the application, function and decision table for your rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. In BRF+ is there any other configuration that needs to be done for the paths? I found what the Line items for the paths.. Can any of this config be done in NWBC or is it only BRF+? Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this as I am new to SAP and GRC.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as CUP goes, there is some IMG configuration to complete if you want to:

• Calculate SLA of request
  • User Defaults
  • Request Mitigation Policy
  • Request Multiple Ruleset (if you want to decide which rulset to apply for a request).

But if we keep it simple and your goal is to just have an initiator rule that determines which path to send down then it's all in BRFplus and MSMP

1. Create the Application Shell directly in BRFplus (this will allow you to put it in a container so you can transport)
  2. Go to transaction GRFNMW_DEV_RULES and create a application/function for BRFplus flat line by line rule (I assume you could have a request with a mixture or DEV and PROD roles requested)
    • For application name, choose the application you created in step 1. If you don't do step 1 it puts it in local class and can't be transported
    • Generate Decision Table - select the Item box and popup will appear
    • Choose either APPLICATION_CONNECTOR or CONNECTOR (I'm not sure which one you'll but this will allow you to check the system to determine DEV or PROD)
    • Example Screen shot below
  3. Go into BRFplus and maintain the decision table (enter your rules for which connectors get outcome of Prod and which connections get DEV)
  4. Generate the decision table, function module and application
  5. Go into the MSMP
    • Change create a new Initiator Rule (use the ID for the BRFplus function as the value (big long hex number).
    • Change the the Global Process Initiator rule to this new one
    • For Initiator Rule you will need to maintain the rule results (values in the BRFplus decision table - DEV and PROD or whatever you make them
    • Go to Maintain Route step and create a mapping for the initiator rule and DEV to go to DEV path; and then another rule for same Initiator rule for PROD to go to PROD path
  6. Continue in MSMP to complete your agents, paths, steps, etc and generate the MSMP

Screen shot for creating the BRFplus via step 2

Screen shot: Function Id you need to obtain to use as Initiator Rule for MSMP

Screen Shot - generated Decision table structure from executing Step 2. Edit the columns via table settings to remove one of the System columns (I'm not sure which one you need). I'm pretty sure it's the CONNECTER field you need

For Line Item you can enter asterisk as the return value

TRIGGER VALUE will be the RULE RESULT value you use in MSMP to map

Note: if you get errors trying to create the Initator Rule in MSMP, use the SAP GUI transaction to create the rule entry and then switch back to MSMP to maintain. Transaction is: GRFNMW_CONFIGURE - MSMP IMG Config

Hope some of this helps and doesn't confuse.

NWBC is not used for this configuration

Note also - you could have your developer create a function module or class based rule instead to calculate, however, BRFplus is easier to maintain then changing code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input and time.

Answers (0)