cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating another TO during a 2 step confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Group, I have this scenerio and wonder what others have done to work around this.

1. We do 2 step confirmations for Pick Orders being staged for production. The first step happens at the pick and the second step happens the next day when the goods are moved to the production floor. (This is all being done via RF)
  2. The issue we have are with BIN shortages, when we confirm the first step short we want to generate another TO immediately to complete the pick, the ISSUE is the requistion does no open back up until the second confirmation step. I know we can stage more via LP10 but then we still have to deal with the issue of closing the remainer of the orginal open purchase requisition.
  3. We are trying to do all of this without user interaction (new TO generation and TR closing)

Has anyone run into this and how did you account for it.

Thanks Brett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brett ,

Case 1 : Difference in TO confirmation - In this case TR will be open until 2 nd step confirmation is done ( Standard behavior ). Once confirmed with difference your background job for TO creation can run to automatically process open TR and create TO.

Open TR  are the requirement which needs to be fulfilled for production , background job will be running and creating TO's , so closing will only come into picture when no stock is there in warehouse.

You can also try for automatically close  TR option after processing as in lt04 or variant of same , In this case there will not be open TR once it is processed . You will have to create new TR's for new request.

let me know incase of any query's.

Thanks

jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, this is a timing issue, We create a TO for a pick, we get to the bin and its short, we confirm (first step only) short and we want to attempt to pick it from another bin before that TO's second step so the way I see it the TR will not be open at that point ? Do you agree ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes TR will not be open for further processing in this case.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want to use the second step for TO confimation, what is the point of using 2-step TO confirmation, you can simply use the normal TO confirmation ( one step).  Or am i misunderstood your requirement?

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we want to use the 2nd step as there is normally 1 day between the 2 steps. The issue is we will know that there is a shortage at stock removal (Step 1) and would like to attempt to pick that short from another bin before the second step, from what I see the TR will not open up until the second step.