Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a new row into the existing table

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to add a new row into the existing table ??

Please advise

I tried the below but no luck.

INSERT into "JUL"."NonEDataPointsMData" (DataPoint, Description) VALUES (File,File);

commit;

Please share me the syntax and procedure to add a new row.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add new row with insert statement, 

insert into tabname (col1, col2) values (.., ...)

can you send us error msg/warning  you are getting, when you say it doesn't work

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tryied the same but i am getting the eroor message, which says

Could not execute statement.

Column FIle not found(where File is one of the row value i am tryin gto insert into DataPoint coulmn)

0 Kudos

What are the column type for DataPoint and Description. Does "File" contains actual data? You are trying to load data from a file then you should use "load" command and not an insert command. "insert" command is used for specific values.

infocenter.sybase.com will have online manual which will give you complete syntax for these commands along with examples.

Regards

Shashi

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using isql or dbisql , try to set quoted_identifer option='on' and use double quotes for "file"

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yup it worked, Thank you so much....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

What are the column type for DataPoint and Description. Does "File" contains actual data? You are trying to load data from a file then you should use "load" command and not an insert command. "insert" command is used for specific values.

infocenter.sybase.com will have online manual which will give you complete syntax for these commands along with examples.

Regards

Shashi