cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action on selection of a table row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to have an Action opon change of the selected Row in a table ?

Scenario: Display a popup to the user if data in the previous row had been changed ?

Thanks for any hint

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but there is an option in Layout configurations where you can trigger an action when a row has been clicked or specified condition has been met(e.g. @num1 >3).

If it is something that may help I'll explain in details.

Yana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes

Is this when the app loads or once the individual makes the change themself?

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for looking.

once the individual  changes the selected row.

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

There are a couple of options

1. the simple option is to ensure the table is Read only and provide an edit button so the user is certain they are making a change, then have the edit button toggle to a save button the makes the table read only again.

2. Make all the fields in the table read only, add a button field to the end of the table that selects the row then opens a popup with the row data in, allow the user to make the change here and then close the popup. (i think this probably solves the issue best)

3. Go all out! Create a duplicate table that is hidden, wehn selecting a row copy it into the duplicate table and then on each cell, on action, check to see if it match's the value in the duplicate table.

If you want I can post an example on how to do this, but to be honest I think it would be a slightly slower and more complicated approach that option 2.

Hope this helps.

Tom