cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception 30 different in MD04/MD05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After MRP is ran, we are checking a material in MD04 as well as MD05. I have noticed that several planned orders in MD04 have Exception message 30, but the same planned orders don't have this exception in MD05, only the first one. I know that MD05 shows the state after the last MRP, and MD04 the current state, but even if I run the MRP right now, so MD04 is not changed in any way, and should be exactly like MD05 - it is not.

Is that perhaps normal SAP behaviour? To put exception 30 for rescheduling only on first planned order, and not on all of them? All planned orders are on the same date and for the same lot size, and this confuses me; if one order has expection, why don't all of them have it, because they are the same?

Attached are examples for MD04 and MD05.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, points rewarded!

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Your system is working as designed. MD04 and MD05 can display different exception messages, especially regarding the rescheduling check.

Please refer to the following information, provided on question 3 of the FAQ note 550441, which explains the differences on the design of both transactions which causes this system behavior:

3.         Question:

I can see an exception message in the MRP list (Transaction

MD05).Why does the system not display this message in the current

stock/requirements list (Transaction MD04) also?

Answer:

In Transaction MD04 you can only display exception messages that

result from the import of the MRP elements from the

database.However, the MRP list (MD05) is the result of the last

planning run, that is, the system displays such exception messages

here that occurred during the planning of this material.This also

causes exception messages from the net requirements calculation or

lot size determination.For example, exception messages '25' (Excess

stock), '70' (Max. release qty - quota exceeded) or '28' (Uncovered

reqmt after effective-out date) can only be displayed in Transaction

MD05, yet not in Transaction MD04.For more information about this,

see Note 29703.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info!

I understand that exception messages can be different, but in this particular case, we have 10 planned orders that are exactly the same - same lot size, same date, same start and same finish, same version... everything.

Yet, the message in MD05 occurs only for the first order. Why not for all of them?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This kind of issue generally happens when you are using a lot sizing procedure different than EX or a planning calendar. This kind of setting is not considered during the rescheduling setting on MD04.

See KBA 1794796 for more information.

BR

Caetano