Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing Invoices

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The intercompany billing batch jobs have been set up in our system (standard programs RV60SBAT and SDBILLDL) and it is supposed to create IC Invoices as soon as the PGI is done on the delivery documents (delivery related IC Biling)

We have observerd a very peculiar thing in the above scenario. The billing batch jobs are ignoring the delivery documents that were PGI'ed on a date (lets say today) and billing them after two days (in some cases it has taken 10 days). The business requirement is to create the Invoices on the same date as the delivery document is PGI'ed

We have been investigating why the system is ignoring the delivery documents (that were PGI'ed on a particvular date), but couldnt find anthing on it. Is there any particular reason, why the Invoices are not getting generated that very day or the next day? Why is it getting Invoiced after 2 days. Is there any setting that controls the billing? If not, is there any SAP note on this?

Please help.

Thanks,

Himanshu Bhusan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu,

Could it be that the prerequisite for creating an intercompany billing document (in the current setup) is that first a billing document (to the external customer) must be created?

Could you check / match the dates of creation of intercompany billing documents and the billing document (to external customer)?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3279652

(in the above link) OSS Note mentioned by Eduardo 308989

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

if you create Separate intercompany Sales Order Document, Delivery Document & Billing Documents. Sales order, delivery order & billing document should be linked SO, DO & billing by configuration. Billing document date always take PGI (Actual GI date) if billing document should not take PGI date then you should check your factory calendar date. If any PGI done on factory calendar close date, then billing date take another date not same in PGI date.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your informative answer. We had a major issue on this intercompany billing and I didnt get time to update the answer which I found for myself that day.

After I created the Commerical Invoice (Invoice to the end customer), the deliveries got visible in the Billing due list (withe Invoice type as IV) which left me surprised and there came a learning. 

As you guys explained correctly that the IC invoices could only be automatically created after the commercial invoices creation so the batch job was waiting for the same. We also found that the commerical Invoices was created by Business Users and not by any batch job.

But I learnt that the IC invoices could be created (automatically) only after Commerical Invoice creation. However if one wants to create the IC invoice first, then it has to be done manually via VF01. This question is answered and hence I am closing it.

Thank you again for your valuable time in answering my question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

after post goods issue you can create immediately the intercompany billing only by VF01, but not by collective billing.

Only after creation of customer billing the intercompany invoice can be created by collective billing too.

See the SAP note 38501 for a modification to change this behaviour.

If you decide to implement the modification, then you should run report RVV05IVB withf flag 'Billing index' for the existing deliveris.

Best regards,

Ivano.