cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we change default entries in the Add Role selection screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to be able to change the value of default entries in the Add Role Selection screen.For eg. - can we change 'System' as default to 'Business Process', for all users. I tried doing it via making the option read-only after selecting Business Process, but when I reopened the screen, it again shifted back to 'System'. Also, is there a way possible to set a specific role/profile Name in the drop down window for all users. Please refer to attached screenshot. Thanks

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

1.Can we change 'System' as default to 'Business Process', for all users.

According to your question if user select Basis then System 1 selected or User select FI then System 2 is select.[Please correct me if i am wrong]

then you have to go for ABAP customize coding.

2. Is there a way possible to set a specific role/profile Name in the drop down window for all users

No there is no way to set as you required.

Please let me know any other thing is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

I want the default option to be changed to 'Business Process'. The option of 'System' will still be present in the drop-down menu. In any case, I am not able to save any default values on the screen, for all users. I can make default values for each specific user.

Thanks in advance,

Nikhil

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

For part two - limit the roles - you can't do that via configuration. What you can do is use set the parameter 2034 to F for Functional Area

It means you would then configure the Functional areas against the Roles to limit which role can be requested for an area. This would be like bringing the business process field. it. If you do this mapping you would not have to default the roles/profiles user can select

It sounds like the rest is customisation/modification

former_member190027
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.