cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting All Configuration files from Production to Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want  to export all configuration files from Production to Development System. If anyone can advise me to know the step by step for exporting and importing process and there is anything risk factor for doing this process.

Our PRD server is on HP-UX/Oracle and ECC6.

Please guide

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You may perform client export/import using SAP_CUST profile . This will copy configurations from source ( Production) to Target ( Development).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Deepak Kori,

Thanks for your reply. In SAP_CUST profile all transaction data like vendor master, material master etc will be exclude? and there is any risk to lost previous configuration on DEV system?

Please confirm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am wondering if you had success in doing this or have heard of anyone successfully doing this? 

Our CRM development system is really out of sync with production.  I contribute this to multiple project teams & consultants having worked in the system and never moving or backing out and even deleting their transports without reversing them.  Test results are even different between the systems.  There are major differences I am finding in config and one of these days something is inadvertently going to move forward that will ‘break’ production.  I am investigating if it’s possible to copy config from production to development (also found OSS note ##130906 which SAP has provided for versioning). 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Donna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Export what configuration files? Can you be more specific?

Kr. Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Mark, 

Thanks for reply. we want only export the customization data exclude any transaction data like vendor master, material master etc...

That mean export only configuration part

Regards,

Ajay Asawa