cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO and intercompany sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

for intercompany STO with Delivery and Billing Document/Invoice, in SPRO, I find the configuration path is MM -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Setup stock transport order.

is this the only place we do configuration for intercompany STO, any other configuration needed?

what's the differencein terms of SPRO configuration between STO with billing and intercompany sales to customer, compared with intercompany STO, what are the additional configuration steps needed for intercompany sales

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin,

Could you please explain (both configuration and business process)

STO with billing 

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Please, see these notes

SAP Note 543821 - FAQ: cross-company processing

SAP Note 308989 - Consulting note for cross-company transactions

SAP Note 109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

and related notes

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

again, I'm asking configuration difference, can anyone summarize?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please,

See again note 308989, and in this document you have a section with the title 'II.2 Customizing for the sample process'.

If you are asking about differences with other process, I believe you refer to intracompany STO. The item for delivery is different (NL vs NLCC, check it in copy rules to delivery), the schedule is different (mov 641 vs. 643) and the relevance for invoice. The requirement for master data are also different. Please, read carefully the notes, you have all information in these notes.

Regards

Eduardo

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Main difference is Inter company sales is between the company and the customer in the customer place the order to company  and company if it is not having the specified stock, the stock will be sent by fulfilled by another company and you will bill the customer

for example, take an example of two company codes 1000 and 2200 . Customer places order on 1000 company code ( sales area)  and material is sent from the Plant of 2200 to customer At the time of Goods movement, the inventory postings will be updated in the supplying company code (2200) instead of the company which creates the sales order (`1000)

and during Billing, customer will pay to 1000 and inturn 1000 will pay to 2200

there will be some markup limits between 1000 and 2200 on the price

And STO will happen only between two company code in which there is no customer involved during the transaction

We have two scenario alone with STO

Intra companySTO within the company code

Inter Company STO between two company code

Value and goods movement will happen at both company codes

regards

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm asking the configuration difference, not business process