cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasted Stock In Transit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Long time reader and first time poster on SCN.

I have been trying to find an accurate way to forecast the end-of-month stock balances including stock in transit.

The Stock On Hand balances I'm getting from the Interactive Planning Books, but I'm wondering what the best way is to get the Stock In Transit value.

The problem I'm facing is that Distribution Demand (Planned) is the full month's forecasted In Transit, but I'm after the Stock in Transit at the end of the month (like the Stock on Hand gives you for stock)

For example, Stock at Location 1 as of 15.05.2013 is 100.

On the 20th we send 10 to Location 2. This stock doesn't arrive until the 5th of the next month.

That means that the end-of-month Stock on Hand at Location 1 is 90, and that the stock at Location 2 hasn't yet changed.

What I'm after is a way of finding all the across-the-month Planned Distributions so I can capture the 10 as Stock In Transit as at the end of the month.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

the Macro way would use function ORDER_DATA_LOCPRODS() which pulls order data by category group. Note that it is NOT by category but category group. So you may need to configure a Z category group which you assign all the categories that your macro is to pull data from.   

Also, there is a BADI /SAPAPO/SNP_TRANS_SCHED which captures the transportation orders. You can extract the from & to dates to perform the required logic.

Regards, Roger Weinberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I'm exploring the macro way however I have a few questions.

Firstly I have recreated the Distribution Receipt (Planned) values which I confirmed works.

But the next step is to evaluate each order seperately which I'm struggling with.

Basically start date has to be before BUCKET_EDATE( ACT_COLUMN ).

And end date has to be after BUCKET_EDATE( ACT_COLUMN )

I tried using logical expressions  however this didn't seem to be working for me.

Have you got any tips on how to do this?

Can it be done as simple as in the above expression or do I somehow have to loop through each order to evaluate them?

Cheers,
Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,  

one way may be to perform a step that uses ORDER_DATA_LOCPRODS, selecting the orders by the actual end date for each of the remaining days of the month. So, instead of using BUCKET_EDATE, use a date variable, and check that does not go into the next month as you loop.  Sum the total to get the total receipt quantity of orders where the end date is within the month.

Regards,

Roger Weinberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Don't think the ORDER_DATA_LOCPRODS function will do what I want.

I need to be able to set criteria for the start date of an order, and the end date of an order. (the above function only filters by the end date)

Are you aware of any other function that I can use with a loop function to evaluate orders based on their start date and end date? For both the start date and end date I need to be able to set date limitations.

Ie for each month show orders that have a

- start date that lies within the current month (eg between 01/05 and 31/05)

- end date that is after this month.(eg greater than or equal to 01/06)

Cheers,
Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

stock in transit is ATP category EI.  You can see the in-transit value at the target location for example: Planning Book/Data View (9ASNP94 / SNP94(1) ). Look at the key figures in the Total receipts group to find the key figure "In Transit".

You can also use process receipts transaction (/sapapo/rrp4), and select the proper order type ( I think it's 0F), to see the in transit values for the selected stocks.

Regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion would find all the receipts for the time period. What I'm after though is a month-end balance of all stock in transit, just like the Stock on Hand field.

For example, if there's a planned transfer from 05.04.2013 which is available on 15.04.2013, then I want to ignore those receipts. Ideally I just want a month-end view with receipts that cross-over between different months like my example above where we are sending on 20.04.2013 and receiving 05.05.2013.

The only way I can think of to do this at the moment would be to do a download from RRP4 and idenmtify these transfers manually in Excel, but I'm after a system solution so that we can forecast end-of-month stock as used by finance more accurately in the system.

Thanks,
Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

there may be a Macro method to achieve this - I'll have to check.

Otherwise, you may want to upload the orders to an info-cube using a data extraction from the the planning area (transaction: /sapapo/sdp_extr), and use listcube logic to extract what you want, based on dates.

Regards,

Roger Weinberg