cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management - Common Distribution Channel and Common Division

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We maintained common distribution channel and common divisions. and all the customers are created in the common distribution channel and comon division.

But the sales transactions are done with a specific distribution channel and division which are assigned to common dist.channel and division.

For the specific sales area the credit control area is assigned. and customer credit master is maintained(FD32). in the sales odcument credit limit check is maintained (D - Automatic credit control), Credit check is active in the item category. Subtotal is maintained in the pricing procedure. but still there is no credit check happening in the sales transactions.

My question now is

1. Should the customer be created in the specific sales area rather than common sales area?

2. After i maintained the credit control area in for a customer in FD32 the same is not being reflectd in the customer master data. is there a problem due to this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should the customer be created in the specific sales area rather than common sales area?

Only the General Data will be copied from the common division and distribution channels and sales area data should be updated

After i maintained the credit control area in for a customer in FD32 the same is not being reflectd in the customer master data. is there a problem due to this?

Credit control area from FD32 will not be updated in the customer master XD02

regards,

santosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vemuri, sameer,

1. Should the customer be created in the specific sales area rather than common sales area?

Common distribution channel and common division when set up.

Then CMR can ONLY be created for the common distribution channels and common divisions; and not for ALL the distribution channels and divisions.

Please read F1 help, it has been explained very well!

Path:

IMG>SD>Master Data> Define Common Divisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq for the prompt response.

Am able to perform the credit check in the sales order.

But as per my knowledge in case of automatic credit check(static) it should consider the open sales order value and open delivered value for the credit check and should restrict from PGI.

But there is no indication even though the PGI is done for more than the credit limit value.

The credit check is happening only after the invoice is done and posted.

My requirement is that there should be a credit check at the time of delivery and if the value is exceeded by the credit value then it should not allow me to save the delivery order.

For this it should consider the open delivery orders before saving the delivery order and should prompt an error if the credit limit is exceeded.

Current settings are as mentioned below:

Credit limit check for order type

Check Credit - D(Automatic Credit check)

Checking group - Checking group for deliveries

Settings in automatic credit check (static)

Static - Active

Reaction - D(Error + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded)

Status / Block - Active

Open orders - Blank

Open deliveries - Active

But then its not working.

Suggest me if any corrections required in the above config.

Regards,

Sameer maddali.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Maintain Oldest Open Item and Reaction is B as Warning and click on Open Items also then you will get Error when you are processing Older Orders then you will get Error .

Note : Please activate dynamic check instead of statistic check .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member370115
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Could you please confirm whether you have set up the assignment of Delivery Credit Group and GI credit Group with LF or the corresponding delivery type?

If i understand it right, you want to have the credit check on delivery and hence the automatic credit check needs to be set up with the credit group for deliveries and this group shall be assigned to the relevant deliveries.

Please check and confirm.

TIA.

- Chins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chins,

Thanks for the reply.

I had assigned the credit groups for delivery and PGI also.

But the thing i found was that the open orders / open delivery values are not getting updated even my update group is 000012.

Regards,

Sameer Maddali.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sameer,

2. After i maintained the credit control area in for a customer in FD32 the same is not being reflectd in the customer master data.

Could you please explain what is not getting reflected in the customer master data?

A possible solution is to remove the assignment of the CCA with the Sales area.

And assign the CCA to the company code.

This way the system shall not check at sales area level, but would check at company code level.