Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax could not be caclulated error

Dev164
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting error "Tax could not be caclulated" while ordering shopping cart of product type "Service"  whereas it works fine for product type material,

is there any tax setting am missing?

Thank you in advance,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Have you defined tax calculation procedure in the back-end system if the tax calculation is set to be in the back-end system  - under "FI accounting (New)" and further, you need to assign this to the country code for which the SC is being created.

That should solve the problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Ajay

Dev164
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thank you for reply can you please tell me in detail how to do the reqiured thing.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

This setting is done by FI guys usually thru SPRO - FI accounting (New). Here you need to define a tax calculation procedure and then assign it to the required country.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Please check whether you have defined tax code for product category "service" in path:

SRM Server  >> Cross Application Basic Settings >> Tax Calculation >> Determine tax code for country/Product category

Define here tax code and check if this can resolve your issue.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Could you please advise how is your tax is being calculated in SRM?; Also the exact error what you are getting while Service SC creation.

As per your question there is not separate set up for Service or Product related to tax.

Thank you

Ritesh

Dev164
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Yes taxes for services and materials are calculated separtely,now i have also getting same error for material item in shopping cart Errror "Not possible to calculate tax" . It is like when i do, check SC no error,but during order it throws the above errror.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Could you please provide details how you have tax calculation set up in SRM to understand issue further.

Thank you

Ritesh

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Magnesh,

Which SRM technical scenarios you have deployed (Classical or extended classical)?

If you have deployed SRM classical scenario, then better to trun off tax calculation in SRM system as SRM is acting as a system to create shopping cart aka requsition only and during requisition creation all the details (e.g. vendor etc) required to calculate tax amount in SC is not available. In this case, when PO is created in backend system, system will determine correct tax code and tax amount based on tax configuration in backend system.

If you have deployed extended classical scenario, then activate tax calculation in SRM system. Define your FI backend system in SRM and configuration tax calculation in backend correctly (FI consultant should help to configure tax procedue in ECC or R/3).