Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Selection – Continuous Move decision

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following test case for continuous move with me.

FWO with single FU is to move from A > B > C > D

As per the model set up, I get freight orders for each stage A>B(FO1), B>C(FO2) on running the VSR

The master data for Carrier selection is as follows:

1. A>  B: Means of Transport 1: Carrier 1 and 2 defined in t.lane
  2. B> C: Means of Transport 2: Carrier 1 and 2 defined in t.lane

1. Both Lanes A>B and B>C,
  • - Relevant for carrier selection is ‘checked’,
  • - it specifies use of costs,
  • - cost origin being ‘internal costs,
  • - Continuous Move type – single move type is selected

1. for both carrier 1 and 2 on each of the 2 lanes,
  • - Arrival window from and to are 5 and 10 hours respectively
  • - Departure window from and to are 5 and 10 hrs respectively. carrier selection is ‘checked’,
  • - Maximum Distance is 100 kms (This need not be required as continuous move is between A > B and B> C, no movement to pick up next load on continuous move trip is required)
  • - Discount:
  1. No discount available for Vendor 2 but 50% for Vendor 1 on both lanes

1. In the carrier selection profiles for both carriers, I have marked the check for ‘continuous move’

1. In the carrier selection settings,
  • - continuous move type is determined by transportation lane settings,
  • - Continuous move information checkbox is TICKED
  • - Continuous Move MTR Check is UNTICKED

Cost Details are as below:

Continuos Move Discount

Vendor 1

1. 0.1

Vendor 2

A>B

B>C

C>D

Distance(KM)

1. 1990.756

Vendor 1 Var. Costs

Vendor 2 Var. Costs

With 10% discount, Vendor 1 costs with a continuous move should come to 17070.12( 18966.8*(90%))

However, the CS doesn’t .

1. propose VENDOR 1 for the overall journey
  2. It proposes vendor 2 for B>C and vendor 1 for A>B
  3. Doesn’t show consolidated costs which the system may use during continuous move decision. The continuous move allowed X can be seen on the results screen.

My Queries:

1. Does this typical multi-stage FWO technically qualify for a simple continuous move use case?
  2. If yes, Is there anything I am missing the set up to get the required result?

Thanks,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Please note, that based on the screenshot of the carrier selection results you included your vendor Nr. 2 (Carrier_DT_VEN_02) is not marked as capable for carrier selection. Please re-check your carrier Profile.

Best regards

Gabor

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

In case you referred to the tick on continuos move allowed, here is the test result when the continuous move is ticked for both carriers. I had deliberately done to check if evaluates a continuous move for carrier 1 but not for carrier 2.

However, in the result, one cannot confirm if it evaluated continuous move options at all because for one FO it selected for vendor 2 and for the other FO it selected vendor 1, both individual the cheapest providers on the routes.

But how to establish if it evaluated the option to ship both FO's with either vendor 1 or both with vendor 2.

Both FO's are scheduled one after other in terms of time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Can you please attach your optimizer logfile (TA RCCF_LOG)?

Best regards

Gabor

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

As per my knowledge, I get optimization logs only for VSR optimization in RCCF_LOG and  NOT for carrier selection optimization.

Let me know in case it is possible from here and needs a authorization object etc. to be added to my user profile.

Thanks, Sudhir