cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFX3 & Price error

Former Member
0 Kudos

VFX3 Price error

we have many invoices stuck in vfx3 due to price error, can someone give some advise to investigate

Moderator Message: Don't post your main query as subject line. Your subject line should be precise and effective, for better visibility and quicker response.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input.

I have looked in the individual invoices there are errors in pricing as the price not copied into the billing document from the sales order for few of the items.

This is happening in intercompany billing. We charge cost plus 20% to our sister concern company, when sales order is created one price procedure is determined and in billing we have different pricing proce where we have a cost condition which is calculated as base price plus 20% handling charges.

Since the cost price of the few items is not determined in the billing doc therefore its getting stuck and not realsed for Acc.

I believe the company is already looking into a better way of processing such invoices. Bu for time being I need to process these invoices so that doc can be released.

Any suggestion

Please advise

Thanks

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

so the pricing error occurs because the "cost price" is mandatory, but it is not found ?

Please check if it is possible to add it manually.

If it is not possible, please try to perform a new pricing determination.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you please explain how to perform a new pricing procedure?? As I tried updating price in vf02 but system giving error that mandatory condition is missing ??

Please advise.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code VTFL, go to Item level and add value G or B for the field Pricing type (depending on your business requirements) and keep value blank or E for the field Price Source. Then test by creating new documents.

Also with the help of ABAP'er check whether any user exit is added in program MV61AFZA to deactivate new pricing determination in billing document. If added, those coding can be deactivated and you can test.

Regards,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I addition to Shiva and Ivano's suggestion, you try to cancel the Invoice after implementing the suggestions given by Shiva and create another Invoice, which should behave as expected by you.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

h,

In VF02, in the intercompany billing document, at header level, Tab Conditions, click on button Update, choose B (Redetermine pricing), if the cost is still not populating then the steps suggested by Shiva might not work!

In the intercompany billing document, at line item level, click on button Analysis and find out what is "incorrect" in your pricing procedure and the values (coming from condition records etc.)

Then probably you can rectify the error w.r.t. cost.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

The OP has mentioned that there are many intercompany billing documents with accounting issues. Would you suggest to cancel all these billing documents and then create new ones?

From your experience, have you suggested the client to cancel about 50 to 100 billing documents, which could have been created in the previous year (or previous six months)?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. I haven't suggested to anyone sofar as i never faced the problem for somany Invoices. I ignored the fact that OP has issues with many Invoices.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In tcode VF02 or VF03 set the billing document number and before do 'intro' go to this path (enviroment / account determination analysis...). You could do your research

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VFX3 all the invoices will be piled which are not posted to Accounting

the reasons might be as Follows

accounting block

pricing error

accounting interface

forieng trade

Error in authorization

The invoice for pricing Error you need to check whether the prices or Taxes are missing

check what the Exact Problem is.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva, Ivano, Members,

The invoice for pricing Error you need to check whether the prices or Taxes are missing

check what the Exact Problem is.

Apart from the issue "billing document not having any Net price, therefore accounting document is not created".

What other pricing error could lead to an issue related to accounting - meaning accounting document not getting created?

From my understanding, the pricing functionality is different from the account determination functionality.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

pricing error could due to mandatory condition missing, or problems in formula, or missing UoM relationship.

When pricing error occurs, the billing document cannot be released to FI.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivano,

Thank you for your post!

pricing error could due to mandatory condition missing,

Due to this issue, the sale order or billing document shall not get saved.

The errors which you talk about (related to pricing errors) are pricing issues & not accounting issues.

That was basically my point, asking about why price error would not let the creation of an accounting document (if a billing document is created successfully).

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

pricing erros do not prevent the creation of sales order or billing documents. They can be saved.

In case of sales order pricing error usually stops the creation of subsequent documents (but this depends on customizing).

In case of billing document it gets VBRK-RFBSK = 'F', and cannot be released to FI, until the pricing error is not cleared.

Best regards,

Ivano.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

pleaser un VF02 and check the pricing details of the billing documents. The system should show a message explaining waht is the pricing error.

Best regards,

Ivano.