Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for some messages are not coming

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have implemented Alerts in production system and they are working fine for some messages but I didnt get any alert generated for following error in MONI

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>400</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>(See attachment HTMLError for details)</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 400 , error text: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED) (See attachment HTMLError for details)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Can you please tell me why alert was not triggered for this error?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Issue seems to be connection, check the RFC connections from SM59 transaction code.

As Udo said, check the log version of the MONI and queues.

Check the below link to fix the issue:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0...

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hanumantha,

Again, I think my question is not clear. Let me try to simplify.

I have alerts in place on my production system. My concern is that I am not getting alerts for all the errors for e.g the error mentioned above. I want to know why alerts for all the messages in error in MONI

are not coming. I dont have any restriction on the IE alerts and I have configured alerts as per the above mentioned document only.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul -

What Udo trying to convey is - may be the message is not yet in final state(system error) and it is still being processed by XI queue.(scheduled)

BTW Have you configured the rules interface specific or is that a common rule for all IE failures?

Also you can execute the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER in se38 and see if all the alerts being captured by rule. you will not be receiving the emails If there is no specific rule defined in the system.

Regards,

Hareesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like http connetion problem. The queue is by default (SMQR) executed 10 times with an intervall of 3 minutes. => The message will reach the failure status not before 30 minutes. To validate check the moni overview: If you see log version, the message is still in the queue, if it is red, it s final error status.

/Udo

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Udo,

My question is nor regarding the error message, my question is regarding why the Alert is not triggered for this kind of messages ? I have implemented two alerts, 1 for AE and other for IE. I am getting alerts for some messages in IE but not for all and I have not set any restrictions on alerts of IE?

Also I want to know what type of errors are NOT covered in alert framework?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Basically, all kind of alerts are captured and alert email will be triggered. It all depends upon how the alert classification and configuration is done.

Ref: http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC1.htm

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is nor regarding the error message, my question is regarding why the Alert is not triggered for this kind of messages ?

This is of course related and i tried to explain that to you. My approach was (i dont have your monitoring and can only guess) that the message might stuck in a queue (reprocessing) and the status a kind of "log version" but not a final error status. Therefore the alert was not raised.

/Udo