cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Integration 7.0 Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been reading a lot of documents on sap.com, but cannot find the answer to these questions about converting to PI 7.0. Can someone with conversion experience help?

(1) Will a conversion from XI 3.0 to PI 7.0 require a reinstall or just an update?

(2) Will my existing 3.0 objects/scenarios/etc convert without any work?

(3) When was PI 7.0 first released for use? Management asking this one.

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

(1) Will a conversion from XI 3.0 to PI 7.0 require a reinstall or just an update? --- Upgrade

(2) Will my existing 3.0 objects/scenarios/etc convert without any work? --- No

(3) When was PI 7.0 first released for use? Management asking this one. --- Not yet released in the market. But given only to the ramp up customers. And it is a part of SAP nw2004s stack.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give me a little more on the conversion? Are there tools available? Do I just have to export my objects to files and then import them into PI7?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Go through this help for upgradation process:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/38/5cc53f3e0f0228e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

---Satish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the posts Jin.

I read in oss 836200 where XI3 "content is compatible and can be imported". If we are upgrading our XI3 server to PI7, will the custom content I created just be there after the upgrade or do we need to export everything beforehand and import it after the upgrade? The oss note just refers to importing sap-provided content. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the upgrade, you do not need to do an export and then import as part of the upgrade process - yes, it should just be there upon completion.

However, it never hurts to be safe. I would still export everything as a back up just in case.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, regarding this question:

<i>>>>(3) When was PI 7.0 first released for use? Management asking this one.</i>

Ramp-up was over for SAP NetWeaver 2004s (which PI 7.0 is a part of) in May 2006. It was generally released and available to customers from June 2006.

Check here for more info:

http://service.sap.com/netweaver , then <i>SAP NetWeaver 2004s - Release Specific Information</i>

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish

I hate to sound dense, but I would still like to hear someone verify that my existing XI 3.0 development work will be OK after the PI 7.0 upgrade?

You mentioned "no" to my original post, so I am wondering if all XI 3.0 development gets lost/broken with the upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would think the objects developed on XI 3.0 would continue to work without any problem in PI 7.0...

My answer is only a logical one as the XI 3.0 SP stacks and PI 7.0 SP stacks are one and the same...for instance XI 3.0 SP19 has all the same functionalities as PI 7.0 SP9..

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith -

Your XI 3.0 development should still work in the NetWeaver 2004s/PI 7.0 environment. Check Note 836200 for more info.

Regards,

Jin