Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM error during upgrade from ECC6.0 to EHP5

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are in the process of an upgrade from ECC6.0 to EHP5, We have generated the stack.xml file using SolMan. All the components downloaded accordingly.

When we are starting SUM, in the phase of "Select target system version" phase its not reconginizing the Stack file, we tried generating another file also but of no help.

Please find the screenshot attached, I'm also attaching the log files for the same. My doubt is with the line "

The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.spxmlparser.SPXmlParserException: null does not contain a stack definition as its root element is asx:abap, while sp-stacks is expected".

Your valuable replies are much awaited.

Many thanks,

SUJIT

Below is the log of DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE file:

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[F:\usr\sap\SID\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE_02.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE_02.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:46 AM [Info  ]: The deSIDted system topology is ABAP_ONLY

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:47 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:47 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:47 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:47 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value true into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Error ]: The provided Stack file or Directory: F:/usr/sap/SID/SUM/sdt, is not valid.

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:51 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value true into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:04:55 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value true into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Error ]: The provided Stack file or Directory: F:/usr/sap/SID/SUM/sdt, is not valid.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:13 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value true into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Error ]: The provided Stack file or Directory: F:/usr/sap/SID/SUM/sdt, is not valid.

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 4:02:36 PM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Apr 20, 2013 11:05:27 AM [Error ]: The provided Stack file or Directory: F:/usr/sap/SID/SUM/sdt, is not valid.

Where is the stack.xml file placed?? Check if the file and directory is accessible. Try copying it to ../EPS/in/ and providing the stack.xml file.

Regards,

Gaurav

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your prompt response, I've kept those(downloaded archives and stack.xml) in EPS/IN directory only.

Please have a look in the log below and if you could give some hint based on the last line of the log :

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:06 PM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:06 PM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:39 PM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:39 PM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value true into shared input catalog.

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:39 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.spxmlparser.SPXmlParserException: null does not contain a stack definition as its root element is asx:abap, while sp-stacks is expected.

Many thanks,

SUJIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Gaurav suggested we have to give the location of the xml file all the way to the file itself. For example, /usr/sap/SID/SUM/xxxx.xml. What is easy is to place the xml file in the same location as the stack so that the SUM tool can pick the stack from there.

What we do is, place the stack in a central location and mount that location to the server being upgraded so we can use the same stack for all the systems in the landscape.

Also make sure of the file permissions for the stack.xml file as it might still have the same permissions of the solman system.

Thanks,

Asad.

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Asad,

XML file is placed exactly where it is suppose to be and I'm pointing to the xml file itself,due to some issues I understood the snap I attached is not getting opened, please see a new one for the same.

Please if you could have a look on the log above and let me know something.

Specially my concern is "

Apr 20, 2013 4:35:39 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.spxmlparser.SPXmlParserException: null does not contain a stack definition as its root element is asx:abap, while sp-stacks is expected."

Many thanks,

SUJIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to problem with stack file. Please try replacing the stack file from the one available in Solution manager.

There could be unwanted "?" or other character in the stack file.

Check the following link for more details

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13483281/org-xml-sax-saxparseexceptionreference-is-not-allowed-in...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

As per above screenshot you have placed your .xml file in EPS/in. It should be placed in download directory (all media files directory which you have downloaded).

Do one thing delete .XML file from EPS/in and place stack.xml file in download directory and run SUM again.

please let me know result.

Thanks,

Venkat

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thank you very much for your valuable help. It worked perfectly after I followed your instruction. Earlier I kept all downloaded files along with stack.xml file in \usr\sap\sid\trans\EPS\IN but then I changed to the actual download directory where it was downloaded using MOPZ and it went through.

Also one file was missing which was there in .xml file and we included that in the directory and it all moved further.

Thanks again,

SUJIT

Answers (0)