cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help IdM RDS set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have just set up SAP IdM RDS in our system.

What I did:

Installation:

AS Java 7.31 with Usage Type Portal

Install IdM SP 7

Deploy UI Components:

I imported the RDS Store Schema and the Provisioning Folder into the Identity Store.

After some testing I got to see lots of error like this:

I know how to fix the error but lots of "SAPC Attributes" are not set for the Entry Type.

Is this normal?

Did I miss something?

The documentation is a bit thin:-)

BR Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

All the UI tasks will have the attribute SAP_TEMP_REQUESTED_BY which shows the actual user logged in. While importing the schema, did you follow all of these steps

Import the new identity store schema:

1. Open the SAP NetWeaver ID Management Console.
  2. Go to your identity store where you want to import the solution package.
  3. Go to <your Identity Store Name> → Identity store schema.
  4. In the context menu, choose Import schema…
  5. Select the 0256_IDM72_Identity_Store_Schema.mcc file and choose Open.
  6. Leave the standard settings and choose Import.
  7. On the next screen, select the Merge option, select the Use this for all matching entry types checkbox, and choose Next.
  8. Confirm the dialog box with Yes.
  9. On the Update attributes screen, select the Overwrite option, select the Use this for all matching attributes checkbox, and choose Next.
  10. Confirm the dialog box with Yes.

From the screen capture, I think you are trying to open the task "Create Identity - Extended". I do not see any prerequisite for this task. If you had to work with "Create Identity - System Specific Data", there are few things which need to be configured (like running some DB Scripts).

Also, keep a check on Note 1806427 - SAP NW ID Mgmt rapid deployment solution - Known Issues

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Thank you for your answer!

I imported the schema just as you described. Still do not know what's wrong.

The RDS solution is based on SP4.
Is it possible that it does not work with the db-scheme of SP7?
What are your experiences?
Do you use the RDS as a addition to the normal provisioning framework?

BR Gerhard

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the RDS solution is based on 7.20 SP04 Patch1.

I don't think importing it on SP7 should be an issue. But when I read the "Quick Guide to Implementing the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management rapid-deployment solution V1.72 ", it states that - If you need a higher SPS level in your system, for example because of additional functionality, FIRST import and activate the SAP RDS package on the SPS levels as mentioned below, THEN update your system to the target SPS level.

Best to check with SAP. I am in the process of setting up an RDS solution and still in the very early stages going through the processes understating what each component is.

Cheers,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

I am in a similar situation. Our IDM is already on SP8. But according to the RDS quick guide, we are supposed to install RDS on SP04 first. I don't think it is possible to downgrade to SP04, so I am thinking on installing the RDS on top of the SP08 and select overwrite. Then re-import the sp08 MCC and choose overwrite again.

Would you see a problem with this approach? Please advise.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

that should be fine yes. If you did not import any content yet (like provisioning framework) it should not be an issue at all as you would basically start with the RDS on a fresh system which is how it is supposed to be (the SP level of the platform is not as relevant, the SP level of RDS is more related to the content).

Thanks

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Norman

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we have already imported the SP8 provisioning framework and have customizations done already. We also have identity stores with data filled up. We are just planning to apply the RDS to the sandbox and play around with it. I am not sure what is a "safe procedure" now. Should I create a brand new identity store, import the RDS against it and then the SP8 provisioning framework?

Regards

Jonathan.

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I would suggest you to just make sure to not "Update" but "Import" when you have the choice in the import tool. Thus the only risk that should come with it, is to overwrite scripts but you can choose to not overwrite scripts in the transport tool as well. Thus there might not even be the need for another import of the SP8 provisioning framework.

Cheers

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Norman. I will try out your suggestion. I can see that will be a confusing ride.