cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense posting to third party vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an issue regarding posting of travel expense i want that company directly pay travel expense to third party vendor. payment is not made by employee of the company on behalf of company.

Awaiting your prompt and quick response.

regards.

Sehrish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Basu,

thanx for your feedback, can you elaborate this in Detail

In order to do that go to table V_T706K or Assignment of Symbolic Accnt to Wage Types and assign the Credit Card Symbolic account to teh 2nd Symbolic account offset entry.

Actually exact requirement is this that our company has accomodation arrangements with differenct hotels in different cities and after the stay of our employee hotels send us bill directly to the company and we want to book liability through travel managemnt, while at present we are booking it through FI direct invoice or service entry sheet (through MM)

we want to book entry like this

Accomodation Expense   DR

Employee vendor              CR

Employee vendor DR

Hotel (third party vendor)  CR

please help in this regard

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida

I understand your requirement.In order to provide you a correct solution, I need two things from you.

1. How is the accounting Entry now? FB03 Doc..

2. Send me a screen shot of your Smybolic Account assignmnet  to WT table?

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Basu,

Really thanx for your prompt feedback

at present accounting entry is

employee vednor CR

Expesne Ac       DR

while desired is

Hotel XYZ   CR

Expesne AC DR

i am sending you my system generated entries and  table view of V_T706K  table and PRT3 setting. please guide me

can you please tell what is the usage of

Symbolic Account Assignment for Travel Expenses

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Any update please

BR

Sajida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida,

Looking at your scenario I guess the Vendor account will keep changing based on city or country. Since there are different vendor accounts you have two options.

1. Create different Expense types for different hotels and in second symbolic accounts for those expense types enter the Symbolic account for that Hotel vendor. Then in PRT3 in your Finance system configure the corresponding hotel vendor account for that symbolic account. Same needs to be done for different Hotel vendors possible. Once this is done the posting credit will go to Hotel vendor and not employee vendor.

NOTE: in second symbolic account you only put symbolic account ID like DD and dont place + or - as SAP assumes it for credit always and adjust automatically.

2. In case Expense types creation is not possible, then there needs to be a way to identify Hotel vendor and user needs to enter some info for that. So exact solution will be based on more details and might be Posting exit will be needed during PRFI program.

Try option 1 and let me know if any doubts

Thanks

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you read my reply? any help?

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida

Also you asked what is the use of those Smybolic accounts. THere are many uses for those. Like in your case you want the Hotel Account to be credited by Debiting the Expense Account. So please use the assigned the Symbolic account from the first place to the 2nd Symbolic account.

Similarly these offsetting Symbolic accounts are used and provided by SAP to alter your adjustments.

In many company some of the xpenses are not reimbursed to the employees directly but are adjusted through Payroll. In these cases these Offsetting accounts are used so that the entries gets posted to the GL's and not to the employee.

Let me know if this works for you and whether you are able to change and replicate the correction.

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok Aggarwal,

Thank you very much for yuor feedback,

I tried your first option and it is working to great extent but if i opt it i may face following issues

• I have to create expesne types and wage types as is list of third party vendor.
  • It may create confusion for my end user

As wel there is an other scenario that suppose our all sales team stayed in Hotel for launching of new product.now HOtel XYZ bill will contain stay of all sales team , how can i cater this scenario as in t code TP01 /PR05 employee code is in header data and multiple employee codes can not be entered

please comment on my above scenario

BR

Sajida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida,

Yes you are correct that you need to create different Expense types for different vendors possible.

For second scenario where all sales team is staying in Hotel XYZ then only one expense type which will send credit to XYZ hotel vendor is needed. I am assuming that only one employee will be entering the expense in system. There is no affect of employee vendor code in this. The credit will always go to XYZ Hotel based on exp type created.

if you have a list of vendors then you can create a Expense type Hotel and create sub list in exp type using service providers: (list of hotel vendors). So user chooses hotel exp type and then service provider. Based on this combination there will be a wage type sending the credit to corresponsding Hotel vendor and debit to expense account.

I hope this clearifies the point

Thanks

Alok

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok Aggarwal,

I am assuming that only one employee will be entering the expense in system.

In our scenario different people have stay at the same time in same Hotel . Assume two people are staying for sales conference and  are head of two different product means each employee have different cost center in its employee master record

After a month Hotel send us bill and we want to charge expense of the bill to two cost centers if i enter one bill on one employee it will give misleading information on employee information system and on cost center posting

kindly also explain in detail about the concept of "Sub list in Expense type"

Thnks in Advance

BR

Sajida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida,

This is standard scenario. In your case if two employees stayed in same hotel and only one of them claim the expense, then he can split the cost assignment for the expense type hotel into two different cost objects (cost centers or IO or WBS elements). Then during posting the cost is posted in different cost objects but in same GL of Hotel expense. Credit will go to the Hotel XYZ which is mapped in the second symbolic account.

Now the sub list in expense type is also a standard way of defining the GL where the posting must happen. So for each hotel vendor you can configure the Service provider list and then map the expense type hotel to different wage types with combination of the service providers.

eg: Hotel expense type HTL

Service provider 1: XYZ

Service provider 2: ABC

In exp type to wage type mapping you have to configure

HTL and XYZ goes to wage type HTL1

HTL and ABC goes to wage type HTL2

in wage type to symbolic acc you configure

HTL1 wage type goes to sym acc +01 (Expense GL for hotel) and second symbolic acc : DD (for XYZ Hotel vendor)

HTL2 wage type goes to sym acc +01 (Expense GL for hotel) and second symbolic acc: YY(for ABC Hotel vendor)

Then when user chooses Hotel expense type, he also needs to choose XYZ or ABC service provider. based on  this combination the posting will go tto 01 Expense acc and DD Or YY hotel vendor.

Moreover cost assignment also affects the posting if more than cost center is assigned in expense type HTL

I hope it clarifies

Thanks

ALok

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok,

first of all i must appreciate your detail and simple style of explanation i understood what you explained.

now please tell through wchich t code or where the end user will choose XYZ or ABC service provider as in PR05 i am not finding such field

Second i would like to tell you that in our company there are stay arrangements with hotel. now in one hotel employees of different functional areas stay and at month end Hotel send its service bill directly to company means not any employee is submitting the bill for reimbursement

please tell how to cater such types of direct third party vendor bills

THnx in Advance

BR

Sajida

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sajida

In Pr05, when you create a exp report after giving all mandatory fields click on "Infos "Tab  below in the page and you will get the details. I did not get your 2nd question. COuld you please elaborate

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok and Basu,

Again thanx for very vlueable input, service provider list minimized our work a lot and now with one expense type we can attach list of service proivder and can generate liability in one GL and multiple vendors

now next is that in our scenario we have segregatoin of GL at functional areas means

Accomodation Exp Admin

Accomodation Exp Production

Accomodation Expense Selling

please tell with single expense type how can i post expense on these three GL depending on requiremnt

now i further explain for service provider bill submission to company

suppose we have arrangement with hotel XYZ

during a month different functional head stayed in that hotel mean

employee(E1) of production stayed for 01-05-2013 to 03.05.2013

E2                of production  stayed for 05.05.2013 to 10.05.2013

E3     of selling stayed for 06.05.2013 to 13.05.2013

E4 of administration stayed for 25.05.2013 to 31.05.2013

now XYZ listed the stay and its service charges  and invoiced it to the company

Question is how to post this bill to different employees having different cost center and GL in single document processing

can u please help me in this regrad as with SCN and your help i hv catered travel scenario to great extent

Thnx in Advance

BR
Sajida

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

any update please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajida,

Since you said this bill is not invoiced to employee but organization and that too consolidated then how do you want employee to claim the same? In my understanding the employee is not paying but your corporate is paying.

Please give the situation.

if its only FI posting then its independent of T&E module anyways.

Let me know if any issues

Thanks

Alok

former_member205946
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alok & Basu,

Thnx a lot all scenarios of travel management catered with your help

God bless you

BR

Sajida

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish

If I understood your question correctly then you are talking about Crediting Payments to your Credit Card Vendor ratehr than Employee Vendor. So your FB03 Docs will show Card Acctn .................Debit

To Emplyee Acct   ......CR

In order to do that go to table V_T706K or Assignment of Symbolic Accnt to Wage Types and assign the Credit Card Symbolic account to teh 2nd Symbolic account offset entry.

If this is not what you are looking for then elaborate your isue.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Correction - Employee Vendor ...........DR

To Credit Card Company..............CR

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sehrish,

in general, there are three options for payment in FI-TV, these are:

• Financial Accounting
  • Payroll Accounting
  • Data Media Exchange for third party uses

You can also read this on sap-help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/26/fddaabb7dd11d194c600a0c92946ae/content.htm

What do you mean with "directly to third party vendor"? Can you please be more accurate?

Cheers, Lukas