Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Installation Questions Winserver

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to install a NW 7.01 system on Winserver 2008 R2 and Oracle 11G. I was checking the SWPM Installation Guide and It says

1st-  Install the RDBMS with OU!

2nd - Apply the lastest SAP Oracle bundle (patchs)

3rd - Apply the Generic Windows paths

4nd - Install the NW with SPWM

I had no problems with step1, with step 2 I have this situation:

I read the "SAP Note 1631931 - Oracle 11.2.0: Patches / Patch collections for 11.2.0.3" with says I have to install the bundle patch and then the generic ones. So I first have to update the Opatch  (SAP Note 839182 - Installing patches using OPatch") and the apply the readme instructions for SAP bundle Installation (Single instance), However, that note says:

The same operating system user that was used to install the Oracle software is also used when you install or uninstall patches using OPatch.

On UNIX or Linux, this is the user 'ora<dbsid>' or 'oracle'; on Windows, this is the user <SAPSID>ADM or <DBSID>ADM.

My first question is, at this moment the sap users are still no created (i prefer that SPWM take care of that part), I guess there won't be a problem by using the same user for which I install the Oracle Sotfware (wich is not <sapsid>adm), right? or Should I wait for SPWM to create the database + SAP and then apply the SAP Oracle Bundle patchs and generic ones?

Thanks for your time,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JAM,

As per SAP note 839182

Installing patches on Windows

For the installation, note the exact installation instructions from the patch README.

1. For each Oracle patch set release or patch set update release, you must first create a separate patch base directory <patch_base_dir>.

For example:
    OS> mkdir patches.11201 (for Release 11.2.0.1)
    OS> mkdir patches.10204 (for Release 10.2.0.4)
    2. Copy the patch to be installed to the base directory <patch_base_dir> and unpack it there (for example, using zip or winzip) in the directory <patch_dir>.
    3. Stop all Oracle processes and Oracle services that were started from within the affected Oracle Home.
    4. Before installing the patch, you should save the Oracle Home and the Oracle inventory.
    5. Open a command prompt or a PowerShell.
    (Windows Server 2008/Windows Server 2008 R2: 'elevated mode'/run as administrator)

From here, install the patch as follows:

Option 1: Calling OPatch specifying the patch directory
    OS>  %ORACLE_HOME%\OPatch\opatch apply <patch_dir>

Option 2: Calling OPatch directly from the patch directory
    OS> cd <patch_dir>
    OS>  %ORACLE_HOME%\OPatch\opatch apply
    6. Then perform the postprocessing steps Patch Post Install Instructions that are prescribed in the patch README if they can be used.
    7. Optional: Clean up the patch storage directory (Cleanup)
    OS> %ORACLE_HOME%\OPatch\opatch util cleanup

You can apply this patches as Administrator user. There is no need to wait for sidadm user to get created. SWPM will adjust the environment parameters during the installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JAM,

Hope your is answered ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepk Kori,

Thanks for your time, in deed I did what you suggested, however, I made a mistake:

After applying the SAP Oracle Bundle (last available) I applied the Windows Generic patchs. The problem is that when applied the  patch p13575265_112030_Generic the post Installation instructions says:

After you install the patch, reload the packages into the Oracle Database.

Startup the database in RESTRICTED mode as it changes the package body owned by LBACSYS

connect as SYSDBA and run the following:

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/prvtlbac.plb

My mistake was not starting the database in restricted mode, what will be the impact of this? Is there a way to fix this?

I though to desinstall the patch and re install again:

(4) Deinstallation

--------------------

To deinstall the patch, follow these steps:

Note: In case of an Oracle RAC environment, perform these steps on each of the nodes.

1.    Navigate to the <PATCH_TOP_DIR>/13575265 directory:

$ cd <PATCH_TOP_DIR>/13575265

2.    Deinstall the patch by running the following command:

$ opatch rollback -id 13575265

3.    Start the services from the Oracle home.

(5) Postdeinstallation

------------------------

After you deinstall the patch, reload the packages into the Oracle Database.

Startup the database in RESTRICTED mode as it changes the package body owned by LBACSYS

connect as SYSDBA and run the following:

SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/prvtlbac.plb

However, as i didnt run prvtlbac.plb in restricted mode while doing the post-installation I don't know if following this steps will work.

thanks for your time,

JAM

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Furthermore, Now I have read SAP Note 1693502" and I think Patch p13575265_112020_Generic.zip Its only needed whe using database vault, wich is not my case, any suggestion?

Best regards,

JAM

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JAM,

Yes . as per SAP note 1693592, Windows generic patch p13575265_112020_Generic.zip

is needed only when Database vault is installed.

Incase you do not have Database vault installed, you need to apply this patch

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)