Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash compilation & HTML tags not compatible

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 RFCs : one for Reading, one for Updating the DB.

In the middle, I have a table for User Input.

When I create the table from the Read-RFC, it changes names from :

/BIC/ZEPACTIVI to F_BIC_ZEPACTIVI

<b>1) I guess VC cannot handle special character '/' ?</b>

I set the table to <b>Multiple selection</b> and specified 'All data rows' but, when I try to retrieve the values in my Modify-RFC, I got nothing.

I did the test with some more simple tables and it works OK.

I expected that only the '/BIC/...' fields would be empty, but I didn't get any line at all.

<b>2) Could it be the VC-name-translation thing ?</b>

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best regards,

Guillaume

-

Correct title for more accurate search

Message was edited by:

Guillaume Garcia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried the external debugging? Check the parameters by using external debugging.

More information about external debugging you find in my <a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/02/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-ii.

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I did try external debugging, but the only think I can see is that the input table is empty.

I wonder if there is a way to actually see when VC is calling the RFC so as to detect what is going wrong.

I also tried to create in the Modify-RFC the structure with the "VC-translated" names but without success : the table remains empty.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

I don't think the conversion from / to __ causes trouble. I use BAPIs with /BIC/...-Fields as well. VC automatically creates fields F_BIC_.... but displays all data correctly.

So I think you don't have to worry about / and _.

Instead I suggest you take a look at the data type / structures you receive.

Does your BAPI deliver a table (i.e. under tab "Table" of your BAPI) or an export-parameter?

Best regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

then you have to check your VC Model, if there are no values passed into BAPI from VC, this is an error in your model.

Best Regards,

Marcle

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done everything from scratch by adding more and more fields successively.

You are right about the /BIC/... fields, it is not the source of my problem.

But, I managed to get the one I think is the real "troublemaker" :

Name : PROD_HIER

Type : /BI0/OIPROD_HIER

The first selection (READ-RFC) is OK and gives me the whole list of Product hierarchies. Then I have a RFC that simply copies the input table in an output table for display. I got nothing in there.

Thanks for your ideas.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

why do you use a BAPI that copies the input table? Why don't you use the input table directly? Well, I guess you have a reason why.

But tell us what you defined under tab INPUT and tab TABLES of your BAPI. Then we might know, why it doesn't work. Do you get a dump? When your BAPI just copies the table, please post the code (it must be short, then).

Best regards,

Benni

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

The RFC that copies only served as a way to detect the faulty field.

In the original model, this second RFC was here to detect user input (the numeric fields in the table are modifiable) and updates a DB table accordingly.

Hope it is clear now.

Anyway, it might be some data in this field when I make the selection because with dummy data it works fine.

I'll let you know...

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

okay, I see. Do you deploy to WebDynpro or Flash?

As SAP Note 950492 says, WebDynpro doesn't fully support multi select. Maybe that's the reason, i.e. it works fine for easy dummy data, but fails for complex structures?

Did you try to drag a second line from your table in vc to a form?

This might display the data that is delivered to the BAPI, even if it's only the 1st line.

Best regards, Benni

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I GOT IT !!

In fact, the error comes from the fact that Visual <b>Composer with Flash compilatio</b>n (the Web Dynpro part is OK) <b>does not handle HTML tags very well</b> !

The following data : -b>TOTAL-/b> was the cause of the problem from the start and not the field names as I first thought.

Thanks for your help and support !

Best regards,

Guillaume

PS: Sorry, I don't know how to escape the HTML tag for bold in the SDN editor (looks like I have the same problem as VC...)

Answers (0)