cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign action profile to custom document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I setup communication process for commercial invoice. When I look at document, it is not showing any lines in communication tab of the document to preview or print commercial invoice. I checked all cofing setup. I am not sure about assign action profile to custom document type. I searched all the option could not find. Can you please tell me where to go? Please let me know where I am missing config.

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Manohar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Action profiles are assigned to document type in the below config.

SAP Global Trade Services > SAP Customs
Management > General Settings > Document Structure > Define Control
Settings at Doc. Type Level and Legal Reg. Level for CD/CS

Here you assign the action profile for a Doc type and legal regulation.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply Dhilipan. Yes I assigned there but how it is related to action profile?

I thought this could be the problem but I really appreciate if you provide solution to why it is not showing items in communication tab of the custom document. Please see the attachment.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Under action profiles, you will have Action definitions. Action def. represents set of messages that can be exchanged with customs department.

So, later when you define a message for communication. i.e, Define Messages for Communication processes.

Here you assign the action definition under which this message falls.

So, this is how Action profile->Action definition->Messages are linked.

In your case, if you have done all these already. Please check if you have also setup "Determination of Activity sequence".

And also the document seems incomplete, try to complete and then recheck messages.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

I checked above config and all are setup. I am not sure where to check for incompleteness of document. And another thing is when I checked for billing document transfer log it is giving a two messages, please see the screen shot.  Please advise if I have to check in those lines.

Regards,

Manohar.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

In the Customs Document, the Message Determination log (in the "Communication" tab) might give you some clues.  For example, have you remembered to add a Data Proposal record for the new Message Type?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

There are no items in communication tab. Please see screen shot.

Where and how to add Data Proposal?

Regards,

Manohar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

As pointed out by Dave, could you please check if you have defined rules for defaulting output determination.

GTS Cockpit-> Customs management->Master data->Default data->Define rules for Output determination.

Regarding the 2 messages which you showed above. That couldn't be the reason for Output not populated.

You are facing this message because system is not able to map the Pack. mat of HU in R/3 in GTS.

But if you would like to avoid that. Here is the path.

SAP Global Trade Services->SAP Customs Management->General Settings->Customs Code lists->

1) Define Procedure for customs code lists

2) Assign it to your Legal regulation

3) Maintain Customs code list for Legal regulation

Under this area, Chose the Custom code lists as PGETY-Package type.

You can define package types in GTS here and the same can be assigned to the Pack, mat type sent from R/3 under this config.

Assignment of Packaging Material Types from Feeder systems.

Here you can map you pack. mat type Z001 sent from R/3.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the default rules for output determination and it is there. When I click on determination log under communication tab, i am getting this, please see screen shot.

and not messages are there as you see so we can't print commercial invoice.

I clicked on billing document transfer log and I get this screen.

Please let me know how to print CI.

Thanks,

Manohar.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Which access level are you using for the Output Determination?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

When you say its there. Do you mean the message type is added to be determined under default setup.

If so, please share the rules/setup. Looking at the log, it seems System was not able to find a value in the document which is used as validation criteria to determine the message.

So, you need to check the validation rule to determine the message and check if it is available in the document or not.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

When you say its there. Do you mean the message type is added to be determined under default setup.

If so, please share the rules/setup. Looking at the log, it seems System was not able to find a value in the document which is used as validation criteria to determine the message.

So, you need to check the validation rule to determine the message and check if it is available in the document or not.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhilipan and Dave. I maintained output messages and it worked. I was wrongly cross checking with US changes. Thanks again for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Thanks for confirming. Kindly request you to close this thread.

Regards

Dhilipan