cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Control Automated Monitoring Tool get stuck in "In Process" phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I’ve configured GRC PC Automated Monitoring with ABAP Reports and in background jobs, I saw that results are captured from ECC side. But nothing else happens. I assume that;

-          - When AM is scheduled (monthly), every month these reports will run and report output will be sent to Business Process Owners (or will it be Organisation Owner)

-          - He will see this in his work inbox (and also in his email) and decide to close it or open an issue. He will assing this issue to anybody with particular rights and a user ID in GRC PC.

-          - Issue Owner will solve this issue and send it back .

-          - It’ll be closed.

Is the scenario above is correct? And in my AM Monitoring tool, I saw that my job is stuck in “In Process” phase. But nobody get any notification from system. What could be the problem ?

Best Regards…

Mustafa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

1.You can test the connection RFC via NWBC ,  on Rule Setup ->Business Rule . Open a rule.Go to Tab AD-Hoc Query , set a time frame and press "start". If the report run , your connections  (RFC) are working fine.

2. Other important check is the profile.

You need created one role thru PFCG, for example Z:GRFN_CONN,  with authorization  Object : GRFN_CONN and assign this role to all users to view the job's result. To assign this authorization to users , use the transactions SU01.

3.To define who receives the report output , we made the configuration in SPRO, node : "Maintain Custom Agent Determination Rules

Business Event:   0PC_RECE_ISSUE   Role: ZXXXXX   Entity ID: G_IS   SubEntity:MO.

I Hope this helps!

regards,

Karina

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

If you are executing the report "asynchronously",Please check the below two things :

1) Reverse RFC connector has been established from ECC to GRC or not?

2) Also check whether the created reverse RFC connector has been maintained in SPRO or not?

Path : GRC ->Common Component Settings->Integration Framework->Define connectors and connection types(It has to be maintained in Source Connector field).

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I can not understand which is the source connector to be set in the Automated Legacy Monitoring. Could you please explain?

Thanks,

Kind regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you need an RFC connection from the ERP system to the GRC system for asynchronous communication. This RFC connection has to be created in the ERP system. This RFC connection has to be specified as source connector in the connector configuration in the GRC system.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it and I still have the error in the job monitor in GRC...what else can be happening?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

which error do you get in the job monitor?

Please check the job log in the ERP backend system (even if the job completed successfully).

Which authorization did you assign to the interface/system user which you use for the RFC from ERP to GRC?

Please check this interface/system user for authorization errors in the GRC system (SU53 - display for different user).

Please check for RFC dumps (ST22) in both systems (especially in the GRC system).

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

No dumps in the ST22 for both systems, I only get the message in SLG1 transaction in GRC system and it says "Creating job starts" and there is one red ball. (Please check picture attached)

Anyway, for other reports, I get the system just works fine.

What can be hapenning?

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mustafa,

Please, confirm if you are executing the report asynchronously. If yes, check the following notes:

- 1908420 -> Asynchronous locally settings is not working properly

- 1884827 -> Automated job created stays in "In Progress" state

Thank you,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just in case:

Kindly refer to SAP note 1725077-Abap Report Scenario remains In progress for RTA system.

Thanks

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

not sure whether this is still open...

It might be that the report is executed asynchronously if triggered from a job.

Please check for jobs in the (ERP) backend system.

Please check the job log in detail (errors are reported with message type success).

Typical errors are caused by incorrect RFC link from ERP to GRC (either invalid source connector in GRC connection config, missing RFC destination in ERP system or user/authorization issue).

Regards

Thomas

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

-You can check the connectors that are defined in SM59 (in your source system and target system).

Make sure the connection test and authorization test is successful.

-Check if the connector registration is rightly defined in your GRC system.

you get the work inbox task only when the job gets completed.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

There is no problem in connection. When I check SM37 in backend system, I saw that report is invoked successfully. Also SM37 in GRC side has no error message.

Regards...

Mustafa