cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Jars in Classpath are removed by DC build. Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with my classpath. Everytime I try to build a DC some parts of my classpath are emptied. Most notably the external JAR: com.sap.security.api.jar.

It makes it it impossible to do a DC build and use the components in other DCs.

I already tried to add it as a variable like this:

Name: SAP_SECURITY_LIB_HOME

Path: C:/Program Files/SAP/JDT/eclipse/plugins/com.sap.security/lib/com.sap.security.api.jar

It didn't help either.

This problem makes it impossible for me to work with DCs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jeschael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jeschael,

You are going to have to put your libraries in a External Library component, expose them as a public part, and use the public part in your project. Check out this blog for a very similar example.

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro:///people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great answers. Thanks!

Jeschael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeschael,

Were you able to resolve this. I am facing a simmilar issue. I need to add external JARS abnd use them with e-Commerce application.

I created the external Jar DC and added the external JARS there and then used the public part in my main DC. I still get error.

Thanks for your help.

Sarab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeschael,

Instead of adding the "com.sap.security.api.jar" by going to the properties, add the same as Used DC.

1) Go to DC Meta Data

2) Right Click on the Used DCs

3) Select Add Used Dcs

4) Go to the SAP-JEE compartment under Local Development

5) Select the DC "com.sap.security.api.sda"->Finish.

If you add library in this way your problem will be resolved.

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setup a DC usage to com.sap.security.api.sda, and sync you're used DCs. That will solve your problem.

When building with DCs, never mess with your classpath. Always configure DC usage relationships to obtain access to the jar files you need.

Hint: get Class Locator, and index all the jar files on your system. This will help greatly, since you'll be able to determine which DC holds the jar file you're after.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, the DC can be found in the SAP-JEE SC, under the 'Active' tab.