Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work order has no measuring document

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Needs some suggestions on my Issue

My Work order got created from Maintenance plan. but i can't see the measuring document in the work order.

Regards

Avitej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have usage distance counter reading in the work order screen.

My order gets created from Maintenance plan,

I can see the reading in the usage distance counter field in REL status.

Example - 2000miles. order is created for the equipment.

I have checked the functionality. If the order is created in Januray when the reading was 2000miles and you are technically completed the order in february , the field will pick the latest reading. which for example now is 3000miles in feb.

ISSUE -  When i am technically completing the order this reading vanish off. Its blank. If i undo it, which means released status i can see the value in the field.

For some order the value is coming and for some it is not. I checked and came to know that the order which has measuring documnet attached to it.

Extra>Document for Order>Measuring document  has the reading

OR

Display PM confirmation , we have measuring document tab. There we can see- the day you have technically completed the order waht was the reading.

For all those orders we the reading at header level in Usage  related counter field.

Here we are doing confirmation from CATS.

I did confirmation through IW41 for an order which is in released status. When i Technically completed the order it ask for create measuring document . I can enter the reading or the difference and when i save , i can see the reading .

I need to check how CATS is doing confirmation.??/

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think if you do not enter any new value while order is creating( system will display the current counter reading while creating order) the value will be vanished. kindly check entering the some value ,like while creating say it is 2000 miles change the value to 2010 and save , it will create the measurement document for the order. kindly check and revert back

Regards

Thyagarajan

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked but not working.

From IW41

We have  measuring document  tab in IW41.

Reading or difference can be entered  here.  Reading is entered here. This will create a measuring document with the reading.When Order is technically completed, reading will come in usage distance counter field because the measuring document (created while doing confirmation) is attached to this work order.

We can see the measuring document and the order attached to it in display measuring document.

This is working correctly.

Now from CATS

TCODE- CATS2-Cross-Application Time

Tcode -CATS_APPR_LITE-Approve working time. Confirmation Done.

TCODE – CAT9-Data Transfer CATS -> PM/CS

Status of the order will get CNF.

If we go order level  click on the confirmation number it will show the confirmation.

This confirmation is done from CATS

But if you click on the measuring document tab. It will display no measuring document entered.

In the whole CATS confirmation process, there is no step where we are entering or have the option to enter the reading or measuring document.

???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CATS, you can only enter the actual work hours in time unit with reference to the employee. There, you have no option to capture the measurement document reading.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Avitej,

You may navigate to the last Measurement Document relevant to the Work Order by following this path from the Work Order header:

Planning tab > Maintenance Plan (double-click field for context navigation) > Counter  (double-click field for context navigation) > Select icon "Last Measurement Document" on the bar.

This will show you the last created Measurement Document for the Counter, assigned to the Maintenance Plan, that generated the Work Order. Or you might use the "MeasDocuments" icon to call a list of Measurement Documents for the time period.

Other than that, the Measurement Document is not directly linked to the Work Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't get the Measurement Document by which the PM Order gets generated.

If you create any Measurement document from Confirmation, you can get only those details from PM Order.

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

My measuring document is created first and then work order . I know from IW41 we can create one measuring document and then i can see the details in work order. Here we are not doing confirmation from IW41. It done from CATS. I can see some work orders where the mesuring documents are attached to the work order but for some i am unable to see. Culdnot understand why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, measurement documents in confirmation only can be transferred to order.

Please check the difference between those orders on the confirmation part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more observations??

Please update.

former_member355940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its just an observation....

The operation in an work order comes from task list. In many work orders ,the operation is changed manually becuase the task list might have wrong work center..etc...

Can this be a reason that in maintenance plan i having different operation in task list and at order level i am confirming different operation through iw46......

Regards