Did you mean: 

Navigate from GUI to WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am navigating from GUI to WebDynpro using a FM

WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE

with some exporting parameters.

I am expecting the data which is changed in the webdynpro back but I am unable to get that changed data back.

Note:  Here when we navigate to WebDynpro it will be a other session so we cant even make use of SAP memory here.

Please suggest me some feasible solution.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

In a multiple application server environment, there is no way to know if the two sessions will be on the same application server due to load balancing.  Therefore you should fall back to communications at the database level. Write data into a temporary database table. Consider using Server Cookies.

Regards,

SreeKanth Seelam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srikanth for your advice.

It will be our last option to create a DB table.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use Shared Memory Area concept as well to do this.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307d791b-3343-2e10-f78a-e1d50c7cf...

but the browser and GUI are independent in this case. U should perform some action on GUI to get the data saved by WD Screen, whatever the approach U consider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore,

you take one dummy variable and keep that date in dummy variable.

So, use that variable where ever u want.

thanks,

nike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fact that the browser is launched disconnected from the GUI makes things even more complicated. You will only know if the launching of the browser was successful or not. You will not know in GUI when the user has made the required changes nor when the browser is closed. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.