cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java stack & nwa is down due to no valid license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Can anybody provide solutions to our issue !!!

We have invoked DR  portal system and our NWA is not working.We have the solution of applying LMNWAUI framework component for this .But for applying this i nned my NWA access

Now am facing issue with license as it expired  and due to this servers went down.May i know how to insall license@OS level

I tried installing temporay license too by giving saplicense -temp ,,,but unable to make it !!!!Let me know if anyone solution can be provided  as the system is down due to license issue .

Ssytem details:Portal 7.31 ,NETWEAVER 7.3 ,Oracle 11.2.0.2,Sun OS 10,Kernel patch 68

Fri Apr 19 14:21:20 2013> jsmon view

Instance data
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
|Instance Name      |JC_nxxxxxx                                    |
|SAP System Name    |EXX                                                   |
|SAP System         |00                                                      |
|MS Host            |nxxxxxxx                                             |
|MS Port            |3901                                                    |
|JStart PID         |1765                                                    |
|JStart cmd port    |64991                                                   |
|ICM PID            |1818                                                    |
|ICM admin port     |65000                                                   |
|Instance state     |No valid license found                                  |
|Run mode           |Normal Mode                                             |
+-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
|Productive servers |0                                                       |
|Restricted servers |2                                                       |
|Applications       |1270                                                    |
|Shared caches      |0                                                       |
Fri Apr 19 14:21:23 2013> process view

Processes:
+---+----------+---+-------+---+---+-------+-------+----+-------+------+------+------+-------+------+--------+
|Idx|Name      |PID|State  |Err|Run|LBrestr|Cluster|Exec|Threads|Caches|AccPts|BrSess|EjbSess|RoConn|Services|
+---+----------+---+-------+---+---+-------+-------+----+-------+------+------+------+-------+------+--------+
|  3|server1   |  0|Stopped|  1|  1|  false|8084051| yes|     28|    28|     1|     0|      0|     0|        |
|  2|server0   |  0|Stopped|  1|  1|   true|8084050| yes|     31|    33|     1|     0|      0|     0|        |
|  1|icm       |  0|Stopped|  0|  1|   true|8084020| yes|      0|     0|    10|     0|      0|     0|        |
|  0|debugproxy|  0|Initial|  0|  0|   true|      0|  no|      0|     0|     0|     0|      0|     0|        |
|Productive servers |   0                                                    |
|Restricted servers |   2                                                    |
|Applications       |1270                                                    |
|Shared caches      |   0                                                    |

saplicense -temp
Specify your SAP System ID:
SAP SYSTEM ID = XXX

*** SAPLICENSE (Release 720) ERROR ***
    ERROR:   Connect to database failed
    DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99
SQL-ERROR 1017 (check DB manual for explanation)

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish and experts,

I just googled a lot and i got the below commands ,...

But let me know are the below commands are right !!! and are  specific ?????

step1:::telnet localhost 5<instance number>08

step2:: Log in as SAP system Administrator.(admin user).

step 3: Run the following commands at the telnet prompt:

step 4: add deploy

step 5::deploy <full path to extracted SCAs> version_rule=all on_prerequisite_error=stop                               on_deploy_error=stop

Can anyone explain how to give the exact command at the step 5

System details:Solaris 5.10,Oracle 11.2,EP7.3

Regards

Ram

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I was aware of this telnet procedure but did not share as we have deployed only *.ear for NW7.1 systems using these commands. I am giving the another syntax of same command which is tested successfully and see if it helps for *.sca deployment as well.

• After step 3 from telnet prompt, navigate to the directory where sca file is placed.

like cd /usr/sap/trans/SID/EPS/in

• you can list the sca file and see if it is accessible from telnet prompt
    • list_app | grep ABC.sca
  • then issue the below command to deploy the file.
    • deploy name=ABC.sca vendor=JavaEE on_deploy_error=stop
  • enter exit to come out of prompt.

If the above does not work, just give a try to below alternate method and see if it works-

sidadm 1> cd /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/deployment/scripts

sidadm 2> ls -rtl | grep deploy.sh

//deploy.sh script should be listed there//

sidadm 3> ./deploy.sh j2ee_admin:password@10.222.xx.xx:5<nr>04 /usr/sap/trans/SID/EPS/in/ABC.sca

Note: format is changing after submitting the command, so just ignore the message symbol. refer image.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* nr is system number **10.222.xx.xx is your system ip address

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again this command is given by SAP to deploy *.ear file, tested very well. Hope this helps you in case of sca deployment as well.. Do let us know if it works, otherwise we will try to find some other option.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Mishra,

Thanks lot for guiding me in the right direction.!!!!!MANY THANKS FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP...

With the first method, the telnet port is disabled and is not opened , so workaround on the first one is not applicable.

With the second method , i did all the steps as recommended by you, and executed the below command under /usr/sap/XXX/J00/j2ee/deployment/scripts
./deploy.csh administrator:xxxxxx@123@10.14X.X.XXX:50004 /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/LMNWAUIFRMRK07_0-20007064.SCA

Below is the output for this command

Could not establish connection to AS Java on [123@10.14X.X.XX:500004]. Cannot establish connection with any of the available profiles:
url=123@10.14x.x.xx:500004 protocol=p4 (None); Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection to host: 10.14X.X.XX and port: 500004
Check if server is started, access point for the protocol is available, and IP/Host name is accessible on network.. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

For details, check deployment logs [..//./log/deployment.log] and traces [..//./log/deployment.trc]

The above error hits as the AS JAVA is down  due to invalid license.& is not able to communicate via P4 port
I tried restarting the AS JAVA server too and it is getting down instantly and it is not staying even for minimum 5 -10 minutes too !!!!!!

Let me know if any solution can be given??????

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks for providing your help!!!

Issue is resolved

I tried starting the app+db about 4-5 times and then i  cleared  the semaphore segments using cleanipc commands.

Therafter app+db was starting and we applied the component update and applied license too!!!

Many thanks for your help!!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please attach the output of below mentioned command:

saplicense -show TRACE=2

For reference please check below mentioned notes:

731673:  "License key for SAP J2EE Engine invalid"

607141:  "License key request for SAP J2EE Engine".

Refer to the SQL-ERROR 1017: please check below mentioned notes

400241: Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

361641  Creating OPS$ users on UNIX

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Below is the output

saplicense -show TRACE=2

Fri Apr 19 15:29:19 2013
MtxInit: 0 0 0

*** SAPLICENSE (Release 720) ERROR ***
    ERROR:   Connect to database failed
    DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99
SQL-ERROR 1017 (check DB manual for explanation)

The system is Pure JAVA stack!!!!!!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As per the SAP note , it is feasible to place new license via NWA , but NWA is down due to lower patchlevel !!!!!!

Added to this kernel patch is also low 68!!!.

Let me know if any solution is there for this issue ...

Regards

Ram

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As far as I know, even though there is no valid license, your java engine will be up and running for around half an hour or so. Please start the system and start deployment before it gets down again.

It should work, only in case there is no problem other than just license.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish Mishra,

I knew that java engine will be up and running for 30 minutes as suggested by you in one of the links....!!!!

I tried restarting the system too ,but still facing the same issue!!!!!!!

The tough part for me is that my  NWA is down as i need to patch the component LM NWA UI FRAMEWORK component ,added to which servers are also  down due to invalid licenses...

It is really pathetic for me !!!!!!

I hope i can use deploy controller for doing this ,,,,But i have not installed a telnet console window too for this AS JAVA box.

Let me know how to use the deploy controller cautiously with solaris(10) box  and if you are aware on it , please let me know

I have seen the links too for FAQ on DeploycontrollerAll,What precautions have to be taken while using deploy controller  ????? as i have never used that DC (deploy controller) tool!!!!!

Hope i will get some solutions ......

Regards

Ram