automatic settlement rule of activity is not actually copied from WBS data

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

problem is like this.

I have 10 dollars on WBS 1.

I have 2 dollars in NW  1 activity.

I made it so that settlement rule is created automatically to superior WBS  - NW1 -> WBS 1.

AND when doing settlement my expectation was to settle 10$ + 2$ = 12 $ to some fixed asset.

that didn't work out. Settlement goes  :

10$ to FXA

2$ wbs1

that is totally unacceptable.

So I decided to make another setup, which is about creation of  NW activity rule by copying the one in WBS.

I changed the strategy for determining settlement rule type value 3  - Copy settlement rule of the WBS element.

When I create a network activity - the rule is not created. BUT it should /must /have to be.

Please advice what is missing here. All costs in project (wbs ant NWA) must be settled in one step.

Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

Default rule PS2 from note 317871 solved my problem. Thanks everybody. Will meet you on another topic.

Regards,

Laimonas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think in your fisrt example the settlement rule was fine,  network settle to the WBS and the WBS to the asset...the problem was the hierarchy to the settlement. You should check in the network settlement rule that hierarchy is greather than in the WBS1 settlement rule.

Usually network hierarchy = 100 and WBS hierarchy = 50, this means that first the network is settle and then te WBS.

Hope this can be seful

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

what do you mean by "check hierarchy is greater than in wbs rule" ? Please explain how can I find this hierarchy

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

ok I now can see what you mean. I see the hierarchy. Where can I restrict the values for NWA ?

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard Hierarchy of settlement is NWA -> WBS -> AUC -> Asset.

when you change strategy in OPUV  03 = default rule, let me know what is default rule in same screen.is that PSP = wbs or other??

Not sure but you may test with default rule as AM1 = settlement to fix asset and 03 = default rule.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The important is Network settlement hirarchy > WBS settlement  hierarchy. Which valuse do you have in both settlement rules ( Hirarchy)?

If you don't have it correcly could you check execute CJB1/CJB2 and create the settlement rule again and check the result?

Regards,

laimonas_bindokaitis3
Participant
0 Kudos

OK I found that my problem is that rules are created with type FUL. That is the reason why in my first try costs where not captured, as NWA has FUL rule, and WBS has AUC (PER) rule.

I made NWA to copy rule from WBS ( -> Asset). I can't figure out why I failed some days earlier, but nevermind.

I found a SDN discussion with the same issue -  note 317871 was suggested, it allows to include default rule PS2 which is currently absent in standard. The problem is that this note is up to release 6.00 (I have here 6.05). 

Will get back here when basis guys will implement the note.