Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking TO's are being split in a single storage type for one store

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've an issue in SAP ERP ECC6.0 RP1 IS-Retail system which as descried below:

Description

Each store should have one picking TO in a storage type however they are being split into more than one TO

Which have the following effects:

- One store could be assigned to more than one user

- Single units are being picked and stores are receiving several sacks that are not fully utilized

- Work space is being compromised. 40% increase to accommodate unnecessary sacks

Also

The wave picking functionality will not work for store picking as they will have to run one store at a time which is very time consuming. Also, it requires further steps in the process as the deliveries need to be taken out to ensure they are being split by areas. This is already adding another 2 steps in the current process which takes too long.

In summary:

In one storage type there should only be one TO per store!

Any recommendation ??

I will award points for any helpful solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not very clear with your requirement. I have tried to give some inputs as below -

1. The WM activities occur when a particular process is executed in IM, thus, the no. of deliveries in IM would result in the number of TO. This could be overcome by using VL06O.

2. In the delivery item category definition, Warehouse no. is defined as a split criteria. So, if your delivery contains 2 items that are stored in 2 different warehouse, then, you would see 2 TO's created.

3. If your warehouse is divided into Picking areas, then, there is a configuration wherein the TO could be split as per the picking area. This is done to improve the warehouse efficiency, however, this can be ignored if needed.

Please describe your query with an example.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant for your reply...

I do understand and aware about the three points you provided above.

My requirement is to have one TO created for one storage type for one store form different deliveries.

Do we have in standard SAP a simple functionality that can do this without using Wave pick functionality as it is time consuming as i described above?

Looking forward to your reply...

Regards,

Kareem

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kareem,

I don't think there is an easy solution to your query. Firstly, you need to find all the deliveries that will be fulfilled from the same storage type, which itself is a challenge because the delivery has no mention of the storage type. It only has the plant and sloc so you have no visibility of storage type.

Do you use the fixed bin putaway/picking? if so, then the task becomes little bit easier.

check this exit - EXIT_SAPLL03A_012: Adjustment of Transfer Order Split for Transfer Order Creation

Please provide the specific process flow happening at your end...you have given a very generic statement.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sushant for your reply...

I will prepare a good document about it to review and i will post it here again.