SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative budget in 0 version using FMCYLOAD

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am facing an issue . I have done planning in FM-BCS using FMCYPREP and i copied planned data from version to version using FMCYPREP, now from an approved version 1 when i copy budget data to version 0 in FMCYLOAD system posting negative budget amount for commitment items. I did not face this issue in FMCYPREP while moving budget data between planned version. Please note that when i try to post budget using FMBB and release it then system does not the amount in consumable budget column instead it shows in current budget column of budget report. Please guide me what can be the issue. Screen shot is attached.

Regard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

In that BUDCON report, the first two columns are pulling ledger 9H data. Current Budget column is pulling ledger 9F data. This means the first two columns are for control objects. If the Fund/FC/CI you budgeted at is not a control object and you run the report using this address as the selection criteria, you are not going to see anything in theses two columns. Report FMAVCR01 gives a better picture. You can choose whether you want to use posting or budget or control object.

For your FMCYLOAD issue, why don't you show us the screen shots of FMCYLOAD selection screen and FMRP_RW_BUDGET 'before and after' reports.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Did you check the info in 739815 note?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

In that BUDCON report, the first two columns are pulling ledger 9H data. Current Budget column is pulling ledger 9F data. This means the first two columns are for control objects. If the Fund/FC/CI you budgeted at is not a control object and you run the report using this address as the selection criteria, you are not going to see anything in theses two columns. Report FMAVCR01 gives a better picture. You can choose whether you want to use posting or budget or control object.

For your FMCYLOAD issue, why don't you show us the screen shots of FMCYLOAD selection screen and FMRP_RW_BUDGET 'before and after' reports.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Thanks for the useful note. The aforementioned note does not indicate remedies as per my perception . Its quite technical. Can you please guide towards the solution which will avoid negative budget creation when i transfer Plan budget to plan version or to a final budget version (0) in FMCYPREP & FMCYLOAD respectively.

Ming. Thank you for your assistance . Please find attached screen shot of the problematic area. I have attached screen shot of FMCYPREP

After running above transfer in test mode i get this output with negative sign. When i had earlier posted budget in FMPLCPD for version 25 values were +ve

When i do the transfer from Plan version to Approved or posted version in FMYCLOAD i get nothing -ve figure in budget report for all planned versions and posted version as can be seen in screen shot

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Please first run report to verify all budget/planning data in version 25 is positive. Then delete all budget/planning data in version 24 and run FMCYPREP again and make sure your update mode is 'reset and overwrite' and see what the result list shows.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

Budget report for all versions whether planned or actual shows -ve budget . Please note that when to the same fund center , fund and commitment item i post budget via FMBB in planned and actual versions system shows there amount +ve by netting them with the already existent -ve budget on this budget address posted via FMCYPREP . This is so strange.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

To make the investigation easier you have to start with clean source and target versions, Why don't you simply delete all data in both version 35 and 34. Then follow the steps bellow:

1. Run report to make sure version 35 and 34 are both empty

2. Enter plan data in version 35 using FMPLCPD just for one or two budget addresses.

3. Run report to show budget data in version 35 - budget should be positive and there is budget process Prep only

4. Copy version 35 to 34 using FMCYPREP. Do test runs and compare the results:1st test - specify the source budget procese is 'all planning data' and target budget type is 'copy budget type'; 2nd test: the source budget process is 'all processes and budget types' and the target budget type is 'copy budget type'. Specify 'reset and overwrite' for both tests.The output list should be exacly the same for both tests and the amount on the list should be positive.

If the output list in step 4 does not show positive amount, you do not need to go further. Please show us the report in step 3 and output list in step 4.

Regards,

Ming     

0 Kudos

Atif,

I tested the function using your processes and still everything seems to be fine.

First I made sure the addresses at the source and target version do not have any data. Then I entered budget data to source version using FMBB and the budget process was ENTER. Then I copied source version to target version using FMCYPREP. The output list showed budget process was converted to PREP and the amount was positive.

The only time I made the output list show negative amount was when target version had an existing budget, say $1000 and the source version had a smaller amount, say $100. The output list of FMCYPREP would show -$900 and subsequently reports on the target version would show budget as $100 ($1000 - $900). 

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

I would say to please confirm me results with FMPLCPD and configure its planner profile where budget process that is permitted is PREP , hence you have to post your planned budget in planned versions using this process only in FMPLCPD, you can not use other process. We will not start with FMBB, in fact FMBB is recommended to client only for supplements, transfer e.t.c. So in FMPLCPD when we post planned budget in a version it shows negative values which is not desirable. Please guide.

Regatds

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You nerver mentioned in your earlier posts that you were entering planning data using FMPLCPD. I thought you were using FMCYPREP to generate planning data based on prior years budget or actuals or whatever. Anyway, for FMPLCPD, you have to enter negative data for expenses and positive data for revenue .

There are 4 ways to create planning data with process PREP:

1. FMPLCPD to manually enter planning data (enter negative expense and positive revenue).

2. FMPLUP to upload planning data from excel (negative expense and positive revenue in the spreadsheet).

3. FMCYPREP to generate planning data based on whatever the source version and processes are.

4. Transfer planning data from CO, BW, etc.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

I am aware of all above options but still when budget for expenses is entered in planned version using FMPLCPD by department during planning phase of budget , system should not post negative budget, even when i transfer the same budget using FMCYPREP to a planned version and FMCYLOAD to a final 0 version system displays -ve values for expense budget despite the signing convention for revenue and expenditure in customizing have been kept as positive

Regards.

0 Kudos

Atif,

The point is department needs to enter planned expens with a negative sign in FMPLCPD. When you execute FMCYLOAD to generate budget based on the planned data,  it will become positive.

0 Kudos

Example:

FMPLCPD:

FMCYLOAD:

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

Thanks a lot issue got resolved by your valuable input. Between what is the logic of entering expense budget with negative amount in FMPLCPD ? Thanks

0 Kudos

I have never figured out why it is like that. Maybe that is the difference between 'plan' and 'budget'. Business does not seem to be bothered by putting a negative sign next to the expenses on the spreadsheet; so, who cares. 

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

I got some time today and reviewed note recommended by Eli, it talks about formula set in FM for configuring planning layout signing convention, moreover when i searched SAP Help library, it is clearly mentioned in the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/19/517a3cef343c38e10000000a114084/content.htm

that planning signing convention is controlled by formula, Where is this formula defined?

"In BCS planning, plan values must be posted for the expenditure budget instead of being posted as negative values in the database. By defining the corresponding formula, you can customize the entry screens of the planning tasks in such a way that the +/- sign of plan values is not taken into consideration by the planners. This means that you can enter positive values both on the revenue FM account assignments as well as on the expenditure FM account assignments."

Above is for your review.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

This is in the planning layout configuration: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c2/15743cadfa7d46e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Value columns 

The value columns contain the key figure to be planned, that is, the plan values or display values, for example, the budget data of the previous year.

If you want to modify the input or output value of a value column, you can define a formula definition for the value column. This is suitable for input budget which must always be entered as a negative value in planning. There is a description of how you can use a plus/minus sign change for input values via formula control under Define Planning Layout in the Customizing IMG.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Thanks , i managed to completely resolve my issue by adding another columns beside amount column and setting it as "not ready for input " and assigning it an inverse formula as "  X001 * ( - 1 )". Now planned budget does gets posted with a negative sign initially in FMPLCPD but when we transfer it from version to version and then to final version, amounts shows up positive which are as per requirement of my client . With these remarks i am closing this thread and i thank you all specially Ms Ming for helping me out. Between ironically today when i started to search for the solution of this issue  , i found two or three threads , two of them were unanswered and one when answered. So its always a good habit to do a little search before posting an issue provided you are not occupied with implementing three modules at a time .

Thank you all

Regards