cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests are stuck in import queue in QAS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When we transport a request of 3 series eg: 30000010323 from DEV to QAS through Solution manager then the request is stuck in import queue( with the green arrow mark on the left) . Then we have to adjust queue by selecting the request number and clicking on the Adjust queue button. Then we have to reimport through STMS using overwriting options for changes to take effect in QAS system. This has been going on for many days now. As a result the users are unable to use Solman and as admin we have to adjust and move each and every request in QAS . Pls suggest a solution for this.

Regards,

Madhura 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhura,

Its genr,If several transport directories are configured in a domain, data must be transferred between these directories if a transport between systems with different transport groups is to occur.

You can adjust the TR or you can schedule for auto adjustment using program  RSTMSTIQ and complete with Transport Group and Source System

Regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I scheduled the report in the system and observed that the zig zag arrow is gone i.e. the data files and cofiles are transported but still the status is grey ie the request is not imported. I have to manually reimport the request to make its status green and see the changes in the system. The issue is not resolved. Pls help.

Madhura

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhura,

Yes the report is only for transfer of data and co files. please import the transports manually or by automating imports.

Thanks,
Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply but the requests are not moving in QAS system as it used to earlier.Now it has to be re imported in QAS. Pls give me a solution for this . Does the import queue have some issues ?

Best Regards,

Madhura.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

As you are using CHARM, import of requests into QAS shall be triggered from CHARM.

Report specified above is only to copy the transport files from DEV to QAS and adjust the queue.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

Did you check if the rdd* job is scheduled? please explain below statement.

but the requests are not moving in QAS system as it used to earlier

Thanks,
Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for your reply.

No RDD job is scheduled . There are jobs like RDDDIC3L,RDDDIS0L,RDDEXECL,RDDFDBCK,

RDDGEN0L,RDDIMPDP RDDMASGL,RDDMNTAB,RDDVERSL which are in finished status.

Also by : but the requests are not moving in QAS system as it used to earlier,

i mean that earlier the requests used to get transported through CHARMS perfectly without any queue adjustment or re imports in QAS.

Also i checked that a SM* RFC wasn't working in Solution Manager. Corrected that still facing same issue.

Pls help.

Best Regards,

MAdhura

Former Member
0 Kudos

were you able to solve the chaRm ( transport issu)

thanks

Bhaskar

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

When we transport a request of 3 series eg: 30000010323 from DEV to QAS through Solution manager then the request is stuck in import queue( with the green arrow mark on the left) . Then we have to adjust queue by selecting the request number and clicking on the Adjust queue button.

This is a normal behaviour when you have 2 different trans directories for DEV and QAS. Zig-Zag green arrow mark implies files do not exists on QAS trans directory. When you adjust , datafiles and cofiles are copied from DEV trans directories to QAS trans directories.

If you want to avoid this, keep trans directory common for DEV and QAS. This will avoid queue adjustment process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but this issue did not exist earlier. We are facing this issue from past few days only.

Regards,

Madhura

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

You may need to check whether RFC Destination TMSADM@ from SolMan to QA connection test is working fine.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.I will check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I checked the RFC s are absolutely fine , still we are facing the issue .

Pls guide.

Regards,

Madhura

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mathura,

program  RSTMSTIQ given by Vinodh is working fine in my landscape. I also face this issue and was able to automate the process. development and production system have same transport group but quality is in different transport group so I have click zig zag icon to sync. ;please try to use report

RSTMSTIQ.

Thanks,

Ranjith