Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No free space in physcial memory

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have running Development,Quality,Solution manager on the same server with 1000GB Hard drive and 16GB RAM size.

OS is Linux x86_64 OS, Database is Oracle 10G  and ECC 6.0 EHP4 Application.

We have observed that Quality system is very slower than other systems in the server.i.e,DEV and SOL are as normal speed but QAS is very slow.

We have found that RAM utilization is around 99% always.

How to tune our system to improve the system performance?

should we need to change any memory parameters?

Any valid notes or links or ideas please.

Thanks a lot

Pradeep.

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

16GB of RAM is not a lot for the three systems you have running on that server. My ERP6 DEV systems uses that much by itself. You may be able to tune the systems to improve things a little but honestly the easiest thing to do would be to add more RAM to the server. Another 16GB should make a huge difference - more if you can. RAM isn't very expensive these days...

In any case, it is hard to offer more detailed advice without a lot more information about the architecture and configuration of the systems involved.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I completely agree with Juan, your dev and sol.man system should be utilizing more physical memory thus qty server is getting into slow state. However you can confirm the same by bringing down the two servers(dev & solman) and letting the quality system to run(it should run fine). Upgrading physical memory should be the only way as Juan mentioned.

Regards

Prakaash 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

We will upgrade the RAM.

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

Pradeep

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are trying to run 3 systems in a box with 16Gb or RAM... Slow should be the norm.

Without knowing the current allocation of memory in each of the systems and DB, and the amount of WP's in each system will be very difficult to make an informed suggestion.

Hardware is very cheap this days. You can even virtualize these systems.

My recommendation is to at least upgrade the RAM in the box, and you should consider upgrading your hardware.

Regards, Juan