cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII Incompatibility with JRE 1.6.0_45

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Has anyone encoutered any incompatibility issue in MII 12.1 with Java Version 6 Update 45 (JRE1.6.0_45) when using applets?

Thanks,

Mona

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

looks like the same issue occurs when rolling out Java 7.0 update 21, which was released in parallel. So take care before distributing...

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP MII Experts,

We have been noticing that the latest JRE releases are drastically affecting MII UI behaviour(applets), and I think it will help if there is any note/update, which tells the recommended jre version for each MII version and its impact.

Currently, infrastructure wants to update all systems jre to Jre 1.6.0_45, and MII based applets cease to work with this version.

I did a basic test within MII Dynamic Page Generator, with some test query and a test chart applet, and we get the same error.

Our MII version: 

Any help appreciated

Regards,

Pramod Ramesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod, and others,

Have you opened any CSS tickets for this problem?  Please send me the ticket number.  Since Java is an application that we do not have any control over, we can only react to such problems after the updated versions are released. 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mike,

Completely understand, its just becoming annoyance, with all these jre releases affecting MII applets.

We have created SAP message: 417270/2013

Regards,

Pramod

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I blame Larry Ellison for doing this deliberately! 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

What is the exact issue you are facing?

Because as far as JRE 1.6 update 45 is considered, I have never faced any issue.

And you can anyways upgrade to the latest JRE, it should be fine with MII 12.1.

Warm Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

For applets for type iBrowser, dropdowns don't get populated. The error we get in the Java Console is:

"Couldn't set query template: null"

Same code works fine with older JRE versions.

Thanks,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I cannot be cent percent sure but it is likely that you have not set any query template while defining your applet and setting it dynamically, and seems like this JRE version looks for a query template on creation of the applet.

You may give it a try by defining a query template with the applet itself, if you are not doing this currently.

Best Regards,

Anuj