cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS/SPAM not OK after DB migration from SQL2008R2 to SQL2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day to all!

I would like to ask a question concerning post activities after completing a DB export/Import process.

Background:

1) I installed SAP EHP1 Netweaver 7.3 ABAP in a distributed environment.

2) I used MSSQL 2008R2 (installed in sever B).

3) Support packages and patches were successfully applied.

4) Using SAP provisioning manager, I was able to complete the DB export/import to SQL 2012 finished.

5) DB02/ST04 - shows that the SAP I installed is now pointing to the target DB. SAP system looks ok after running SM51, SM50, SICK, SM66

6) I needed to apply some more patches using SPAM but I am having error. I checked the user permissions and storage space, and it seems OK.

May I ask if there are some other checks and steps I need to do to confirm and verify if the migration is successful?

Thank You.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Do you get any specific error when accessing transaction SPAM itself?

Is your problem that you are getting errors when starting the import phase? The current information is a but insufficient to provide an a possible answer since we don't know what the exact problem is.

As for post processing steps you have to ensure none of your RFC's users or jobs are able to run in your target system i.e. you have to reimport or reconfigure all of these otherwise you target system may affect your landscape i.e. lets say you target system is a QA system but still has the production system (source) configuration it will connect to your other productive systems and may mess up data.

Please advise on what you need an answer and what your errors are as these seems to different questions rolled into one

Johan