cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the TMS, after releasing the request form devlopment system its is going to QA queu but not going to Prod queue automatically..what could be the problem?

regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikram

you can directly also add the request to the production buffer for that

Go for STMS and and production system than control(menu) ---add --

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Everthing is configured as per suggestion but still it is not coming to PROD queue after importing request to the QA. Also, delivery route is configured between QA and PROD. I have to go to the OS level and copy the data and cofile form the DEV to PROD...this it is working but data file cofile is transferring to PROD.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After copying the files from DEV to PRD are you able to see the request in the STMS of PRD.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, It all depends on the Transport Route you have configured , if you have a configured a dev-QA-prod route then the transport request will only be visible in prod after it has been imported 1st in QA nd den released, only den it wil be visible in Prod system,please reward wid points if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Two approaches :

1) if you want transport request to come to Prod system after importing it to QA :

In transport routes section of STMS, create "Consolidation route" from Dev to QA (which I think you have already done becoz. you are getting released request in QA buffer)

But to get the request in Prod., you can create "Delivery Route" from QA to Prod.

This will make sure that whatever you will "import" in QA system will make an entry in Prod. system.

2) If you want entry of transport in Prod. before importing it in QA :

You can create a "Target Group" containing QA & Prod system with respective clients. If this target group is attached to your "Consolidation Route" from Dev box, all released transports from Dev box will reach to Production buffer without getting imported to QA.

Please note that appraoch no. 2 is not the best practice. As per SAP guidelines you should not get anything in Prod. import queue before importing it in QA.

Please reward points if useful

Thanks,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

As per my understanding on you TMS issue....when you release the transport request it s appearing in the Quality system buffer only..not in the production ..am I right?

If the above is correct....the cause is...as per my knowledge....when you release the request then only it will appear in the Quality system buffer. when you import the same in quality system...after completing the import the transport management system will make a entry in the production system buffer.

please let me know if you have any queries on this issue.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have not configured the TMS properly, check following URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1c/2ddc0901db11d284870000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Cheers,

-Sunil