cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS - I do not want to screen expired BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Do you know how I can exclude expired BP’s (valid to date - table /SAPSLL/PNTBP and field DATBI) from GTS screen?

I found a setting to ignore expired SPL but not BP. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

Debora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

Were you able to check "Exclude Expired Address" under Control settings of SPL legal regulation.

Details from F1 help text..

This flag controls whether or not expired (and therefore no longer valid) business partner addresses will be included in sanctioned party list screening.

If this flag is not set, the validity of the addresses is ignored. All addresses assigned to the business partner are checked.

If the flag is set, only addresses that are valid at screening time or in the future are screened against the sanctioned party lists.

To be frank, i have never tried or checked this. May be you can try this in your sandbox.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

You are right. I'll try that. Thank you so much. I can't believe it was right there and I did not see it.

I have one more question though: do you know what is the best practise for archiving? Should I archive expired SPL and expired BPs?

We've been live for about 3 years now and I'm not aware of any job to archive GTS data.

I  went through sap help and could not find very useful information.

Thank you again.

Debora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

I am not sure on the best practise for archiving. I'll try to check and let you know if i could get some inputs.

Let's wait for experts comments. We might get good inputs from them.

Thanks for bringing this up..

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

Turned out the setting you mentioned did not solve my issue ("Exclude Expired Address" under Control settings of SPL legal regulation).

When a customer/vendor is inactivated in ECC BP get expired in GTS (valid to date - table /SAPSLL/PNTBP and field DATBI).

Setting mentioned above checks the validity of the BP's address (BUT020~addr_valid_to) and not the validity of the BPs itself.

That is the anwers I got from SAP Support (message 470454).

So, 41% of my database is of expired BPs. I do not want to waste time and resources expiring them but looks like there is no solution...

How can I exclude expired BPs from being screened?

A work around would be to also inactivate BP address when BP is expired. Is there a way of doing it?

Thanks!
Debora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debora,

maybe small enhancement of screening logic would do the job. Just enhance in a way so report before considering partner as relevant for SPL checks valididty of BP.

Or would be an option to archive such partners?

Kind regards,

Gabriel.